LG1100 Temp Question

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

RUBYRW
Rustler

LG1100 Temp Question

Postby RUBYRW » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:34 am

Doing the initial burn off on my first pellet grill. As I stand here and watch it....I notice the display reads out at 350 degrees where I set it..and the hood temp gauge says 400. So I have a 50 degree difference from the hood to the digital read out from the probe on the backwall.
Which one do I use when cooking? Average them out? Put another probe at grate level for a 3rd number to consider?
I just want to make sure I'm cooking at the temp I want and not 50 degrees hotter than the setpoint.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: LG1100 Temp Question

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 am

All good questions unfortunately you will have to "learn" your cooker and figure out which thermometer to trust or none at all, when I get a new cooker and start the break in I start with some forgiving meat like a pork butt or chicken to "learn" your cooker, always remember you can do the can biscuits to learn where the hot spots are, as well as how your cooker is preforming over all....
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
RUBYRW
Rustler

Re: LG1100 Temp Question

Postby RUBYRW » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:29 am

Thank you. I put a 3rd temp probe on the grate and after it warmed up...they all 3 matches within 5 degrees....I'm happy now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”