Smoking that Salmon Low and Slow

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:31 pm

I was once at Broker Open House (real estate pros - no general public) where there was smoked salmon cut razor thin. Personally it tasted more like sushi than smoked fish. When I asked about it, the host told me that it was "Lox (sp?) which was smoked salmon". :dont: Give it the benifit of the doubt 8)

Haven't smoked fish in a couple of years. The Mrs don't care for it at all. So send me about a 1/8 ton & I'll be happy :lol: :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:20 am

DATsBBQ wrote:I was once at Broker Open House (real estate pros - no general public) where there was smoked salmon cut razor thin. Personally it tasted more like sushi than smoked fish. When I asked about it, the host told me that it was "Lox (sp?) which was smoked salmon". :dont: Give it the benifit of the doubt 8)

Haven't smoked fish in a couple of years. The Mrs don't care for it at all. So send me about a 1/8 ton & I'll be happy :lol: :D

I've had that many times Dats and I've got this comment lox sux, They keep saying it's smoked salmon and it don't taste like it or have a texture like it.
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”