Tonights dinner!

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Tonights dinner!

Postby copkid » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Well,I put on a butt this morning around 10, and smoked with hickory and an apricot brandy glaze, and took it off around 7 hours later. It was by far the best pulled pork I've done in awhile! I also did some spatchcocked chicken with a basil and dill in Evoo pesto, a couple of sweet potatoes, and a foil full of creek bank taters! (potatoes, green peppers, onions, and spices in a foil pack)
I finished getting everything off the grill and then went to my neighbors house and had a few marguaritas, and only had a few tastes of the pork. By far the best I've done in awhile! I used an apricot brandy marinade that I watered down for basting, and it was awesome! I also love the sweet potatoes, as I'm the only one who will eat them. Who can top a sweet tater with real butter and brown sugar sprinkled on top? :lol:
It's supposed to get cold and nasty again tomorrow, so I'm grateful that I was able to grill today! I don't have a camera right now; as the one I use belongs to hubby's work, and they had a big audit about two weeks ago! :cry:

Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:16 pm

Sounds like a great meal, Laura!
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:09 am

Sounds good. :D Could you post the recipe for that marinade ? It sounds interesting. :D :D
Jim
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:35 am

OSD wrote:Sounds good. :D Could you post the recipe for that marinade ? It sounds interesting. :D :D

It's real easy! Came out of a bottle! :lol: 'Famous Dave's Apricot Brandy Marinade. I got it at our local Menards store. It's like a Lowes or Home Depot, in case you don't have one.
I just watered it down a bit for basting so my bark wouldn't burn from the sugar.
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:06 am

Famous Dave's stuff, depending on where you live, is available at the grocery store too. Never seen the marinade though, sounds great!!
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am

SteerCrazy wrote:Famous Dave's stuff, depending on where you live, is available at the grocery store too. Never seen the marinade though, sounds great!!

I bought some of his BBQ sauce as well, although we rarely use any. We tend to like the pulled pork just as it is! There is nothing like pulling that first hot bite!

I did make an interesting marinade for my spatchcocked chicken. I stirred in several tablespoons of my basic rub with some evoo and about 1/2 cup of marsala wine and about 1/2 cup of fresh chopped dill, and marinated for about an hour. It turned out very good! It was the first time I cut a chicken that way.
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Same here SC, stores have the sauces but not the marinades :scratch: :)
Jim
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:11 pm

That sounds great!
Pics? :D

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”