New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:40 pm

The debate Continues on if this is called Taylor Ham or Taylor Pork Roll throughout the Tri State area.
But, one thing that we all agree on is it's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!
I'm from North Jersey so its known as Taylor Ham, but I'm pretty sure Piney will go with Taylor Pork Roll down in the Pine Barrens.
At one time, back in the day I believe I remembered it labeled Taylor Ham but now all of it is called Pork Roll.
Either way, this is pretty much the main Character in the infamous Jersey Breakfast Sammich ordered as a

THECSPK or PRECSPK.....

I'm thinking Sailor and PB have had thier fair share of these sammiches as well being just a hop, skip and a jump away.
Just wanted to share with those of you that have never heard of this before and if you are ever near Jersey, Pa, Ny or Connecticut I highly suggest trying one.
The proper ways are usually on a Kaiser, a Bagel or and English Muffin but however you try it, it's delicious.
Oh yeah, dont forget to slice 4 or 5 slits around the circumference so it doesn't curl up on the Griddle

I'm not sure how I will use this yet, but I'm in heavy thought
20200123_192216.jpg


Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Last edited by woodenvisions on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bsooner75
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 7239
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:41 pm

I’ve heard of Taylor ham. Never had or seen it though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:10 am

bsooner75 wrote:I’ve heard of Taylor ham. Never had or seen it though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can find it or come across it, DON'T pass it up man.
Just throw it on the Black Stone after you hit it with some relief cuts and you will Love it.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 16770
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:10 am

Thanks for the tip - - - :?: Didn't you mean to say ?DON"T PASS IT UP? :dont: :scratch: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Thanks for the tip - - - :?: Didn't you mean to say ?DON"T PASS IT UP? :dont: :scratch: :salut:
Good catch

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 16770
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:48 am

woodenvisions wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Thanks for the tip - - - :?: Didn't you mean to say ?DON"T PASS IT UP? :dont: :scratch: :salut:
Good catch


FIXED :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
GTR
Cowboy
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby GTR » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:43 am

Just in case anybody is interested here's a link

https://jerseyporkroll.com/shop/

Shipping isn't too bad. $15 +/- to ship to my address just outside Dallas. That was on the 3 1.5# listing.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:37 pm

GTR wrote:Just in case anybody is interested here's a link

https://jerseyporkroll.com/shop/

Shipping isn't too bad. $15 +/- to ship to my address just outside Dallas. That was on the 3 1.5# listing.
Thx for posting that link GTR.



Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
GTR
Cowboy
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby GTR » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:17 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
GTR wrote:Just in case anybody is interested here's a link

https://jerseyporkroll.com/shop/

Shipping isn't too bad. $15 +/- to ship to my address just outside Dallas. That was on the 3 1.5# listing.
Thx for posting that link GTR.



Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk


Glad to pass it on. Planning on an order next month. I've got a weakness for these type products.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
User avatar
Boots
Wordsmith
Posts: 4126
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA!
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby Boots » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Eat it cook or is it cured and cooked already for deli slicing?
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to start a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 pm

GTR wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:
GTR wrote:Just in case anybody is interested here's a link

https://jerseyporkroll.com/shop/

Shipping isn't too bad. $15 +/- to ship to my address just outside Dallas. That was on the 3 1.5# listing.
Thx for posting that link GTR.



Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk


Glad to pass it on. Planning on an order next month. I've got a weakness for these type products.
That's awesome man. Just make sure you do relief cuts or it will curl up and only cook on its belly and will quickly burn. The further yo cut towards the center the better.
You will have to decide on how thick you like it, I'm partial to about 1/8".

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: New Jerseys Very Own Red & White Heavyweight !!

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Boots wrote:Eat it cook or is it cured and cooked already for deli slicing?
Boots, it is already cooked/cured.
I'm 99% sure its Smoked as well but dont hold me to it.
However, I've Never tried it right from the casting but I've heard over the years that if you want the full taste, it should be fried.
If you come across something that looks just like this but called " Trenton Pork roll ", it's not the same as Taylor Pork Roll.

This confuses people because BOTH are made at the same Facility, 2 different names but there is a difference.
Taylor has a stronger flavor as Trenton is in the Mild side.

Dont get me wrong, both are good but it's kind of like comparing a Tahoe to a Denali.
Same foundation, one just has more Bells and Whistles and stands out more.

* Disclaimer *

No disrespect to any members that own a Tahoe

I myself would Love to own one if I could

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests