Dove Breast

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

americana cookers USER_AVATAR
Americana Cookers
Rustler

Dove Breast

Postby Americana Cookers » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Have a cook off coming up in a couple weeks and wanted to do something with the dove ive got so far. I dont want to do the usual bacon wrapped grilled thing, looking for some ideas for the pit. Any ideas?
~Thanks to our sponsors~
92.1FM Radio New Braunfels
36D Managment
Bates Boots

cypertj USER_AVATAR
CypertJ
Bandolero

Re: Dove Breast

Postby CypertJ » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Pounded flat and chicken fried

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
rwhinton
Pilgrim

Postby rwhinton » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Dove nuggets.
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Not knowing how many you have or how many you need take this for what you will.

pop 'em a few light wacks with meat hammer and marinate for an hour in Zesty Italian dressing. Dredge in a little seasoned flour then egg wash & panko deep fry and serve on a nice buttermilk biscuit with a dab of Ranch dressing and shredded lettuce with an ABT on the side.

Buttermilk Biscuits

3 cups AP flour
3 Tbl corn starch
3 tsp Baking POWDER
1 tsp Baking SODA
1 tsp Table salt
1/3 cup +1 Tbl Lard
1 cup cold butter milk
1 HUGE BOWL
2 tsp sugar ( optional)

Preheat oven to 425 and lightly grease a Sheet pan
Sift all the dry stuff together in the HUGE BOWL work the Lard into the dry mix by pinching it through with your fingers until it resembles wet sand
Form a well in the center of the mix and pour the buttermilk in the well. Push just enough of the mix into the buttermilk to cover the top then shake the bowl in a circular motion on the counter top until a dough ball forms.
Knead the dough for about 2 min until it is damp but not sticky
Tun out on to a floured counter top and roll to 1/2 " thick fold the dough in thirds by bring the outside edge to the middle then bring the opposite side edge over top to the far side you should have a rectangle turn it so the short side faces you and roll it out 1/2" thick & 7=8 " wide repeat the folding process and roll it out again. Repeat one more time then cut you biscuits
and place on the sheet pan so they are just touching use your thumb & press in the middle of each one.
Bake on the middle rack 12 min.
remove from oven and brush the tops with melted butter.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 pm

If we dont bacon wrap and grill.....we take the breast meat off of the breast bone....marinate overnite ....and make Ka-bobs outta them.. :cheers: ....grill and lightly glaze at end of cooking with Raspberry Vinegarette......yummy.... :mrgreen:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:06 pm

3 star redneck wrote:If we dont bacon wrap and grill.....we take the breast meat off of the breast bone....marinate overnite ....and make Ka-bobs outta them.. :cheers: ....grill and lightly glaze at end of cooking with Raspberry Vinegarette......yummy.... :mrgreen:

I always remove bones too, make a lot more fun to eat. 8)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
BigDave
Bandolero

Postby BigDave » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Ok this is soooooo gooood! Separate the breast filet from the breast bones. Cook enuf bacon in cast iron skillet to render fat fer gravy, eat bacon as chef treat or serve as a side! Season dove fillets with seasoned salt, garlic & blk peppa to taste. litely cover with AP flour and lightly brown in bacon fat in the cast iron skillet. Do not fully cook just brown the flour. Remove dove for know.

Slice onions & bell peppas and saute in bacon fat just until the start to carmalize. Add some flour and make a roux for gravy. Once onions, peppas & rouz is made add milk fer gravy. Season to taste with salt & peppa. Now add dove fillets back to gravy. Make buttermilk biscuits and place on top of gravy in cast iron skillet. Pop in the oven at 425 degrees until biscuits are done.

Grill some corn on the cobb & green beans to go with da dove. Place skillet in middle of table along with grilled corn and green beans. Now serve yerself country style. the biscuits will be flaky on top to sop up the gravy and the bottom part of the biscuit will be a dumplin. Absolute greatness! If'n ya want a carb overload, then do some mashed taters and put the gravy on dem too! :D :D :D

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”