my first bacon bomb

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

my first bacon bomb

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:57 am

Hay guys...Let me show you my first bacon bomb...I did it during a rainy afternoon to fight the cold temperature :laughing7:
I mixed 1/2 pork minced meat with 1/2 calf minced meet adding 2 sausages also. I mixed all together spice rub and before do the classic meatloaf to it I putted in the middle scamorza italian cheese and yellow fresh pepper. In the end I wrapped with bacon.
I started my weber and kept the temperature about 300° for 1.40 hour smoking with apple wood....the final taste was good but the meat was not very juicy, was a little dry...where is the mistake?
Attachments
20160609_204836.jpg
20160609_204827.jpg
20160609_174929.jpg
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: my first bacon bomb

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:40 am

sorry bout the dryness, however, if it's wrapped in bacon then it's OK with me :tup: always enjoy browsing your cook posts, T.H., they are like a mini-Cinematic Dinner :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Do you know the fat/lean ratio of the beef you used?
(Insert witty signature here)
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Re: RE: Re: my first bacon bomb

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:30 am

Txdragon wrote:Do you know the fat/lean ratio of the beef you used?

I don't know it...do You think the problem is calf meat too lean? I didn't observed the Fat ratio becouse using pork meat and 2 sausages I thinked was ok

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Tasso-Hunter wrote:I don't know it...do You think the problem is calf meat too lean? I didn't observed the Fat ratio becouse using pork meat and 2 sausages I thinked was ok

Could be. If it was a lean ratio like 90/10. The ground pork could have been pretty lean too, but most times ground pork is at 80/20 lean/fat. Not sure what it may be in your area though.
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:33 am

Txdragon wrote:
Tasso-Hunter wrote:I don't know it...do You think the problem is calf meat too lean? I didn't observed the Fat ratio becouse using pork meat and 2 sausages I thinked was ok

Could be. If it was a lean ratio like 90/10. The ground pork could have been pretty lean too, but most times ground pork is at 80/20 lean/fat. Not sure what it may be in your area though.

Probably you're right....the next time I'll do it probably it'll better buy ground pork and beef asking to the butcher a more hight fat ratio....which lean/fat ratio do you think should be the best?
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:35 am

Tasso-Hunter wrote:
Txdragon wrote:

Probably you're right....the next time I'll do it probably it'll better buy ground pork and beef asking to the butcher a more hight fat ratio....which lean/fat ratio do you think should be the best?

I like to use 70/30 for meatloaf, which would work well for a bacon bomb. I made my last one with this ratio and it was juicy as could be.
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:00 am

Txdragon wrote:
Tasso-Hunter wrote:
Txdragon wrote:

I like to use 70/30 for meatloaf, which would work well for a bacon bomb. I made my last one with this ratio and it was juicy as could be.

ohhh it looks great!! very juicy! did you glaze it also with bbq sauce?
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 am

Tasso-Hunter wrote:

ohhh it looks great!! very juicy! did you glaze it also with bbq sauce?

Thank you! I sure did! It got some sauce about the last 20 minutes or so on the grill.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Noob hit a dinger...
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:09 am

Boots wrote:Noob hit a dinger...

I'm sorry for my bad english...but I don't understand what means "dinger" :?: :dont:
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:52 am

Noob = new person on the forum

Dinger = It's a good thing. Excellent cook, home run in baseball, Italy wins world cup :D

Mighty fine eats TH
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:17 am

egghead wrote:Noob = new person on the forum

Dinger = It's a good thing. Excellent cook, home run in baseball, Italy wins world cup :D

Mighty fine eats TH

Ahaha ok! thank you very much! :chef: :chef: But i'm just trying to improve my knowledge...I hope to become a great pitmaster like you :texas:
:cheers:

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”