Summer Sausage on the cheap w/link to pics

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:48 pm

Well I liken sausage making to bullet reloading...its a necessary evil to get whut you want...a superior product etc. Congrats on the stuffer!! Tell us about the brand..capacity..etc.

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:05 pm

bigwheel wrote:Well I liken sausage making to bullet reloading...its a necessary evil to get whut you want...a superior product etc. Congrats on the stuffer!! Tell us about the brand..capacity..etc.

bigwheel

Well this be the one
http://www.homesteadharvest.com/weston- ... -3-lb.html

Just need to get me some casings. Got everything else cepting those fermentation beasties and I think I'll leave that one well enough alone for now.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Dang you plumb fixed up. I just love my 3 pound lever action model. Only one I can think of which is a one man operation and dont need to be permanantly affixed to a solid base. Harder you push down on the lever the less it wants to scoot. Got yourself some nice straight stuff tubes also which be just perfect for collogen if you want to use it..guts too.. Best friend will be a long handled long neck beer bottle washing brush. Let you reach in there to clean all them odd shaped surfaces. Dont forget a little clorox in the the wash water. Dont be trying to stuff no pre cured meat. Let it cure in the casings where the Lord intended. Congrats.

bigwheel
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:51 pm

Nice score Dats it looks just like mine but since I've never used it I don't know if it's any good.
tarde venientibus ossa....
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:03 pm

Well not sure I would want to confess to being such a lazy boy to not ever have used your gramd prize winning stuffer. Let me guess...the Little Bride has to take out the trash and stuff. Now is this hot or warm?

bigwheel
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:06 pm

bigwheel wrote:Well not sure I would want to confess to being such a lazy boy to not ever have used your gramd prize winning stuffer. Let me guess...the Little Bride has to take out the trash and stuff. Now is this hot or warm?

bigwheel

Hot :flamer:
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”