Portugese Linguca Sausage Recipe (ping Honu)

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey BW,

I guess I missed something in your first post. Both woods you mentioned are hardwoods but it is not the same as the mesquite of the southwest. The kiawe tree is very close to the mesquite and I have read it is the same and also it is a "cousin." I produces high heat but not as much "flavorful" smoke as the ohia and waiawi.

As for the sea salt, I was thinking of the more granular "Hawaiian salt" than other sea salt that are sold all over the world. I have seen imported sea salt theat sells for 10 times more that plain Hawaiian sea salt. If you want some Hawaiian salt to use in your cooks let me know and I will send you some.

You know here on the West Coast we can buy Hawaiian made Portugese sausage in the markets. Macdonalds in Hawaii has a breakfast item: Protugese sausage, eggs and rice on the menu! Its partner... Spam, eggs and rice! :wink:

a hui hou,
honu41
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu May 22, 2008 10:12 pm

honu41 wrote:Hey BW,

..... Macdonalds in Hawaii has a breakfast item: Protugese sausage, eggs and rice on the menu! Its partner... Spam, eggs and rice! :wink:

a hui hou,

Now I need a SPAM fix. It's their anniversary year you know. :wink:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Eh Dave,

Mahalo for the heads up! I better have spam, 2 eggs over easy and rice in the morning. Oh yeah couple drops of chilipepper water to kick it up :roll:

Then for lunch couple of spam musubi. :)

a hui hou,
honu41

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”