Where does all the frozen buffalo meat go?

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

fabagro
Pilgrim

Where does all the frozen buffalo meat go?

Postby fabagro » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 am

India and Brazil have been contending to grab the number one spot as the world’s largest producer of frozen buffalo meat. It is believed that the Indian buffalo industry extricated Brazil from the position of manufacturing the largest quantity of buffalo in the world in the year 2014, stated by the United States Department of Agricultural data. Australia and New Zealand are on the second position in this industry.

The fact that India does not export cow meat because of religious factors is known to most of the countries that import Indian buffalo meat. Most of the produce that India manufactures is exported to Asian countries, majorly to Vietnam, Algeria, Egypt, Angola etc. Amongst these countries, Vietnam is the prime market for export of frozen halal buffalo meat that imported products worth 13,125 INR in the year 2015-2016. Malaysia is the second on the list for exporting buffalo meat worth 2,683 INR in the same year. The reason for the distant difference between the two countries is because of limited approval by the Malaysian government to the Indian slaughterhouses. Malaysia has a lot of potential and could become the number importer of buffalo meat from India, provided the license be given to more factories.

frozen meat exporters in India from fab Agro

The reason that owes to making Vietnam the chief importer of boneless buffalo meat from India is the large consumption of buffalo meat being smuggled in from the Haiphong port. Vietnam itself is a very small market for the import of buffalo meat. Technically, China does not import buffalo meat from India, however the frozen buffalo meat is smuggled to the mainland from the Haiphong port in Vietnam. Egypt and Saudi Arabia have seized the third and the fourth positions consecutively for bulk export of buffalo meat.

Usually, chunks of boneless buffalo meat that is de-boned in the slaughter houses and used for consumption is restaurants and processed food and canned food are exported from India. The water buffalo is hardly consumed for local consumption because of its tough meat. Carabeef is also believed to be inferior than the beef, that makes it an easy sell in the Asian market; it is available at cheaper prices. Price are one of the most important reason that has given Indian meat industry an edge over other countries that export buffalo meat.

Indian marked its imprints in the history for leaving behind all the nations for producing the buffalo meat in highest quantities between 2009-2014, leaving behind the number one agricultural industry in India, basmati rice. 6

More Details @ https://www.fabagro.com/
Article Source @ http://fabagro.blogspot.in/2017/06/where-does-all-frozen-buffalo-meat-go.html
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Where does all the frozen buffalo meat go?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 am

ATTN: I just approved this post but if anyone sees anything that is inappropriate for the Forum please feel free to delete it. To me it was just harmless stats and mumbo jumbo :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Swahili here emm, I do know that nz does produce water buffalo quite a bit on the west coast of the South Island, as to it being exported, I don't know.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 pm

I've had some Bison in several forms and it was just ?OK? certainly not worth the $$$$ when there's a bone-in Bovine Ribeye looking at me from the other meat case. :P
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Big caution on this one, from India and first post seems to be promoting India's meat industry.....
tarde venientibus ossa....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 pm

thanks Papa Tom - - - if he gets outa line we'll "Corral" him :laughing7:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:34 am

Ok ok ok, we heard ALOT about India and not much about Brazil...

Let's hear about Brazil a little more, what about the( waxes ).?.?.).?.?.?........

Lololololol
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:04 pm

Wax on, wax off :deadhorse:

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Just down the street at the entrance of our Subdv is a small strip center and NOW there's a Big Sign out front that says "FULL BODY WAXING" and a Mexican Restaurant next door but "WE" don't eat there. :whiteflag:

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”