Chillin but not grillin

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Re: Chillin but not grillin

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 am

what are your secrets woodenvison? tell us we must know.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:58 am

If ur doing dirty water dogs, always remember that the dogs that are cooked in the ( yellowest ) is that a word ????... water will taste the best. I've set up at 10 am and found that the dogs eaten at 4 pm were 2 times better. Also, I used to put a bottle of good beer in with the water along with some hot sauce. Believe it or not, even ( Natural Casing ) hotdogs will soak in some of that flavor.
Also, if u can get ur hands on a good Baker, ask him to hook you up with Pretzel Rolls...

They turn a regular dog into another level. Texture and taste are better by far.

I would sneak some beer in with the Kraut as well[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Biggest mistake people make is leaving dogs in too long, they break down and lose the taste.
Good rule is, as soon as they float to the top, go another minute or so and they are just right.
When I was doing the cart, I would only put the dogs in the water when I saw a customer pull in the parking lot. Remember,these are already cooked,ur just heating them up.
First day I opened, I made the mistake and loaded a whole package ( about 45 ) and ended up wasting 90 Percent of them. Lesson learned for day 2 lol

Just what I've learned over the years of slingin weiners..
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:36 pm

I've eaten Dawgs at several Stands in my days and a few Roach Coaches also but I've always wanted to wrap my chompers around one of the Yankee (s'cuse the colloguial) Dawgs or Coneys.

Jame's Coney Island "use to have" the best in Texas, but those days are long gone. Believe it or not, I find Sonic's Dawgs more tempting than any except "homemade" OF COURSE - - thanks for sharing :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 pm

I'll look in my B9's Sabrett's archive for some pics.
College kids Loved mine, good memories of 2004-2008.
Then we moved and that was the beginning of the end for B9's unfortunately..

Sabrett's, ( Natural Casing's​ # 10 ) was the ONLY thing I used. The SNAP is a requirement to the Sabrett hot dog as Q is to Texas...
If I were to hand a Skinless Sabrett to a New Yorker or Jerseyan u'd probably never hear from me again lol...
For family functions I went with # 8.. Quite a bit thicker.

Yes, New York set the pace with the Blue and Yellow umbrellas on just about every corner.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 pm

I happen to favor a Ripper. 8)
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Rippers are good too !

Best Rippers​ I've had were at this landmark in Joizey...

https://youtu.be/cDI6UwnKDPc

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for sharing the tricks of the trade!

When I was a kid back in Longview I lived for my Dad to take me to two places…Der Weinerschnitzel and the K&N root beer stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for sharing the tricks of the trade!

When I was a kid back in Longview I lived for my Dad to take me to two places…Der Weinerschnitzel and the K&N root beer stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:37 pm

OK, even after googlin, must ask "what's a Ripper?" :dont: be gentle, cause I'm old
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Chillin but not grillin

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:54 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, even after googlin, must ask "what's a Ripper?" :dont: be gentle, cause I'm old

Lol Em !!!

Ur not old, ur like a good cast iron Dutch oven. Ur SEASONED ! LOL

A Ripper is a hotdog cooked in hot vegetable oil to where it Splits apart.
They are actually Really tasty.

This explains it all.

https://youtu.be/YuE7miDYLFk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Welps - - - gotta try that one fo sho :tup: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Of course I have a question :?: :?: I've googled with not much success to find out ?what brand or type of weiner is best for Rippers ? :?: :?: :dont: the Wiffy and I both agree "that's what's for Lunch tomorrow" after I run to HEB that is :D
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Of course I have a question :?: :?: I've googled with not much success to find out ?what brand or type of weiner is best for Rippers ? :?: :?: :dont: the Wiffy and I both agree "that's what's for Lunch tomorrow" after I run to HEB that is :D

We actually do them dry, so technically, ours aren't purebred Rippers. We get once-a-year steak dogs from Allen Brothers and torch them on the gas rig. I think for the dry approach, a fat dog works best.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Hmmmm, I've done them on the Grill before but only browned them, so was that a Ripper, so to speak :?:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:31 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Hmmmm, I've done them on the Grill before but only browned them, so was that a Ripper, so to speak :?:

Did they burst? 'Cause one of the keys to Ripperdom is they have to split from the intense heat.
Moink!

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”