Semi-Failure Steak

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Semi-Failure Steak

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun May 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Thinking how OUP used Italian dressing to marinate steak, we tried this on a Porterhouse with a store-brand creamy Italian. Flavor was GREAT, will try again soon...but something went wrong with our beloved little Weber mini-Q gas rig, and the steak didn't sear that great and was ALMOST well-done again.

The usual salad and baked potato side. PB cleaned out the little rig and found rust inside some tube or other. Maybe it'll work right again. :banghead:

Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Re: Semi-Failure Steak

Postby Professor Bunky » Mon May 22, 2017 6:06 am

I'm cautiously optiomistic about that gas grill now after cleaining out the burner tube. We'll have to try it again soon. Otherwise, I may try a small hibachi for this kind of grilling.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 am

Looks Great, Sailor, matter of fact that's what I had yesterday except at "The Texas Roadhouse" :texas: :salut: Was it wind that might have boo booed the Sear ?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon May 22, 2017 6:33 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Looks Great, Sailor, matter of fact that's what I had yesterday except at "The Texas Roadhouse" :texas: :salut: Was it wind that might have boo booed the Sear ?

It's possible. There were too many factors in play to be sure: Wind, the wetness of the marinade, rust-clogged tubey thingies, and a new gas tank.... :dont:

Will be trying this rig again today. In the rain.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 22, 2017 6:53 am

Oooooooo them RCTTs can be ornery sometimes :tup: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”