Chick-speriment

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Chick-speriment

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 23, 2017 5:45 am

Don't know if it makes a difference in moisture BUT I always try to buy the bone in breasts with the rib bone attached. They just seem to taste and cook much better for me. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue May 23, 2017 5:54 am

Good luck guys, I boycotted chicken breasts centuries ago. Thighs are the go to in this house. I've substituted thighs for every breast recipe and I won't look back.
However, I did do a ( test ) in the oil-less turkey fryer a while back and I swear the breast was injected with a gallon of water ..
I just prefer the taste of thighs.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue May 23, 2017 10:58 am

castironchris wrote:I cooked some boneless skinless last Friday low and slow and they may have been the first ones I have cooked on the grill that came out tender. Next ones I do I am going to sear and wrap and see what happens because 2 hours for some boneless skinless is way too long for me anyway. My daughter tells me to just do them in the skillet because they always come out good. Just sear and then slice into long slices or chunks and then finish cooking them through. That's the way she likes them but I always got to go and complicate things. :banghead: :banghead:

Not just you. :mrgreen:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 23, 2017 11:14 am

When I was a youngin living at home I would fight for the thighs and drumsticks. However, some where and some time after I left home I all of a sudden didn't like their taste any more and switched to breasts and wings. :dont: My favorite part is the back but there ain't much to it. :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Tue May 23, 2017 5:24 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:When I was a youngin living at home I would fight for the thighs and drumsticks. However, some where and some time after I left home I all of a sudden didn't like their taste any more and switched to breasts and wings. :dont: My favorite part is the back but there ain't much to it. :D

Lol, I was exactly the same, now I hate legs, but love thighs. Thighs are just so sweet and juicy.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue May 23, 2017 6:21 pm

This just makes me want to 'conquer' white meat. ;)
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 23, 2017 6:42 pm

why not start with changing to bone-in :?: :dont: :roll: :laughing7:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed May 24, 2017 6:59 am

OldUsedParts wrote:why not start with changing to bone-in :?: :dont: :roll: :laughing7:

I suppose we could...the skin will be an extra flavor enhancer and basting 'mat.' ;) But I still want to conquer skinless boneless!

In other news, I have been asked to re-think my couscous boycott...PB thinks the way I did it was gooood.
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:31 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:[quote="OldUsedParts"]why not start with changing to bone-in :?: :dont: :roll: :laughing7:

I suppose we could...the skin will be an extra flavor enhancer and basting 'mat.' ;) But I still want to conquer skinless boneless!

In other news, I have been asked to re-think my couscous boycott...PB thinks the way I did it was gooood.[/quote]

You must've soaked it in bacon grease :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed May 24, 2017 8:08 am

Now that's another idea! :cheers:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 24, 2017 8:15 am

I thought that Bacon or Bacon Products were in every Recipe down at the bottom in fine print :?: At least that's what I told the Wiffy :laughing7:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”