Russ !! U DA MAN !!

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Russ !! U DA MAN !!

Postby woodenvisions » Fri May 26, 2017 9:53 am

Well, all I can say is that Russ has Completely redeemed himself over the H2O Ribbs in my book, lol.

The wifey had a really nice dinner, thanks to your concoction buddy.
She liked Tandoori on the chicken better than the lamb, but I think it's an acquired taste for lamb anyways.
I myself really liked both but I've had lamb before so I think that's why. Did a mix of both on the Akorn and Big Easy, both moist as can be, thought I was chewing a tender Prime Rib...Thanks again man, we truly appreciate your kindness :mrgreen:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by woodenvisions on Fri May 26, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Russ !! U DA MAN !!

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 26, 2017 10:17 am

Hot Dang, Bambino, what a great "make ya smile and drool post" :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Yup, ol Russ, must be part East Indian fo sho and his generosity parallels his talent HOWEVER, don't sell yourself short when it come to cooking and spreading the vittles. In that dept YOU ARE ALSO DA MAN :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri May 26, 2017 11:18 am

Spectacular! HB to 'Mommy,' again. :D
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 26, 2017 11:29 am

wonder if they make them Jammies in an X L :?: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Nice job! Love the look of that lamb!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Wv I knew you could cook, but man you did it some justice, great great cooks, nice colours and lamb is acquired, one of my faves though. Your sides are beautiful, that cake puts you way up there. I'm not big on baking cakes but I can eat them. Hope you have enough mix leftover for a few more cooks.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri May 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Hey there Emm,
Glad I could make ya smile and be hungry all in the same post lol.
Yeah, Russ came thru for us all, Evan was eyeing the lamb handle the entire time. We gave him cookies and he pushed it away and zeroed in on the lamb handle, lmao. He even reached over and grabbed it off Debs plate, I almost fell off the chair laughing. ....Yupppp, that's​ my boy:):)
Thanks for the compliment, everything seemed to go well for the cook thankfully..

Sailor, thanx man, we were eating well by 9 pm ( that's early for us sometimes ) grrrrr... Lol.
Also, thank you for the wife's birthday wishes. I saw the other birthday wish in another thread, but I lost track of time and forgot to thank you in that one.

Emm,

I think we're about to find out about the jammies in an XL very soon...
He's 15 months and wearing tight 18 month and somewhat loose 24 month clothes..
He's growing like a weed, already 33" tall and strong like bull ...
Oh boy, we're in trouble :):)

Chris,

Thank you, it was a good outcome, something I was concerned about because of the weather and not knowing if the Tandoori spice would be too overwhelming, but it wasn't one bit.
I was surprised at the color difference of the lamb between the Big Easy and the Akorn. Both tasted very similar, the only true difference was the slight char and grill marks from the Akorn.

Russ,

Thanks dude, but ur mix really made things easy for me. Believe it or not, it only took just over an hour to cook everything after it hit the hooks and grate.
The biscuit's were made from a ( Red Lobster ) box mix and the ( chocolate bomb ) was bought from the bakery at ShopRite, so I can't take credit for those unfortunately.
The veggies we're a big surprise for me. I decided on cast, with a mix of oil, butter and a squirt bottle of water.
They were incredible, we couldn't believe that they came out as good as they were. I'm gonna use that method of squirting water in with the oil and covering with a lid to steam/sautee at the same time.
I know it sounds like an oxy moron to a few of you, but I swear by this method now.

As for baking, I'm planning on my first piecakein next week. I just need to decide on what pies to make for the nucleus :):)

I used 2 teaspoons of tandoori, so I have plenty more. I'm gonna use the mint sauce on some ( skin on ) thighs this weekend I think.

Thanks again Russ :):):)
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 26, 2017 5:48 pm

My pleasure wv, the mint sauce is 1 of the 13 bottles I made last time. I normally have a spoon full of it by itself when I get it out, I just drink the stuff. I use it on chicken beef and everything. I do steamed cabbage here and it's unbelievable with a dash of mint sauce on as well. Look forward to your critique on that as well.

Lil britches looks happy as larry, mum does too btw. The veges, that's how i do mine as well, except I add a bit of chicken stock mixed with the water, gives it a nice taste.

Russ
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Btw I showed my wife your pics and explained how I sent you some spice mix, she was like wow, some guy in America used your spice mix??? She was amazed and said about how food crosses so many boundaries and brings people together to experience different things. She is right, food is amazing.

Russ
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Great looking meal and family pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Kiwiruss wrote: She was amazed and said about how food crosses so many boundaries and brings people together to experience different things. She is right, food is amazing. Russ

Smart Wife, Pard, if you'll remember, you and I were members on a couple of Hot Rod/Classic Car Forums and basically all we did was wave when we saw a post. However, that is not the case with this BBQ/Food Forum - - - - we have really become Pals and I know that I am richer because of it. :tup: :salut:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri May 26, 2017 6:35 pm

This is a ( Manly ) forum Emm and Russ,....don't go getting mushy like cous cous on us right now..

LMAO :):):):)
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri May 26, 2017 6:42 pm

woodenvisions wrote:This is a ( Manly ) forum Emm and Russ,....don't go getting mushy like cous cous on us right now..

LMAO :):):):)

:lol: :laughing7:
Moink!
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Lol, I blame oup, he's corrupted me,lol. :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :deadhorse:

Russ
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 26, 2017 6:49 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Kiwiruss wrote: She was amazed and said about how food crosses so many boundaries and brings people together to experience different things. She is right, food is amazing. Russ

Smart Wife, Pard, if you'll remember, you and I were members on a couple of Hot Rod/Classic Car Forums and basically all we did was wave when we saw a post. However, that is not the case with this BBQ/Food Forum - - - - we have really become Pals and I know that I am richer because of it. :tup: :salut:

After 40 years she knows me well, as you know she doesn't cook, she laughs that the kitchen is for walking through to the lounge,lol. I'm still on the hotrodders site, because like here I learn stuff, but cooking is my fave thing. I'm also enriched by talking on here and also via pm to you and others. Ain't life grand? Lol. Or as i often say, you wouldn't be dead for quids would ya??

Russ

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”