Gators wings seasoning

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Gators wings seasoning

Postby Gator » Sun May 28, 2017 12:43 pm

bondobill wrote:Yep OUP I don't do the sniff test anymore either. Made that mistake with Gators Cajun seasoning :lol:

I think where I went wrong was I didn't pat dry the wings enough before seasoning. Directions on bottle said to put the seasoning in a ziplock bag and then the wings. Shake till wings where fully coated with seasoning.
While these came out of the bag more like the seasoning was caked on the wings. :lol:
Don't get me wrong......Gators wing seasoning was a hit. Loved the flavor. Next time tho Ill shake on a nice even coat. :cheers:

Thanks y'all
Bill

Bill - did the recipe cause you to have too much seasoning on the wings OR was it that the seasoning was too spicy/too hot?
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Gator wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Me thinks it's a Pepper Sauce (Ghost Pepper :angryfire: ) and not a dry seasoning :dont:

We have a Ghost Wing Rub recipe, it has not been produced yet.

:roll: Is that what the Pros call Advanced Marketing :?: :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun May 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Too much seasoning Gator. My fault....should have dryed the wings more before throwing them in the bag of seasoning.
It'll be go to wing seasoning from now on. Just a case of a Yank rookie applying way too much of a really good thing :laughing7:

Bill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Gator wrote:[quote="OldUsedParts"]Me thinks it's a Pepper Sauce (Ghost Pepper :angryfire: ) and not a dry seasoning :dont:

We have a Ghost Wing Rub recipe, it has not been produced yet.[/quote]

Ooooooohhhhh, very interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun May 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks guys - duly noted. I'll have to get the Ghost recipe out and dust it off, so to speak. We were waiting until the regular wing seasoning gets rolling, then introduce more options. :)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Obvious why "WE" are users and not Dealers :whiteflag: :D In my wing cooks that "new up and coming Rub" will be in direct competition with Hootchie Mama - - - so ?we'll see? :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”