Just Some Lunch...

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: Just Some Lunch...

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 pm

And now, just some breakfast. With a lot of the peppers.

Wonder if we could blanch 'n' freeze some.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Uuuuuuuubetcha :tup: "blanch whole" THEN take out the innards and cut to preferred using shape then vac bag and freeze - - - don't freeze whole and also try to keep the bag flat so it doesn't take up so much space and is easy put in with other stuff. :salut:

any time I fix up a batch of Holy Trinity (cajun basic veggie mix) I always make more than I need and then freeze what I don't use at that time
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote::tup: it's amazing the production that can come from such a small space, ain't it :salut:

back in the daze, I preferred bush over pole - - - I actually thought that the kentucky wonder bush beans tasted much better :dont: canned is ?OK? but not even in the same league :roll:

We forgot to succession-plant every couple weeks. Doing that extends the harvest time. And I like the yallow beans because the green ones HIDE from you until they're big and tough.

I find frozen beans not bad at all, but ya gotta cook 'em and heat up yer kitchen. So I save those for fall, winter, and spring.

Here's The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly:

Carmen peppers, similar to Italian frying...dark green, long, pointy. Gypsy are pale, blunt-nosed, prolific. A couple of Coolerpenners up front, with the ugly chewed Better Bush tomato (these are somehow all turning half-rotted, half green). Draped in between, the scallion stubs that have been supplying us all spring and summer.

You would like my wife, she is chilly mad , she's just getting ready to propagate ATM. Our freezer is packed, she makes a nice Indian chilly relish. Pretty popular round here. I just do a chilly sauce, chillies and red bell peppers. I sent oup a bottle to try.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 am

I"ve been treating that bottle like it was fine Wine cause it's soooooooo gooooooood. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:30 am

That's got taco written all over it! Very nice. I love the array of multicolored beans too. And let's not leave out the waffled hashbrown! Great looking meal!!
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”