Memphis Dry Hootchie Mama Ribs

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Memphis Dry Hootchie Mama Ribs

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:29 am

Wanted to do some Memphis Dry Ribs today and I used a BBQ Pit Boys Instructional Video. Only difference is I decided to use my Pit Boss Pellet Grill instead of Charcoal in the Kettle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phrr9_eHr7s

I'm also using SuckleBusters Hootchie Mama for the dry rub and dark brown sugar instead of light brown plus Apple Wood Pellets.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Put them on and closed the lid a little after 7AM
So other than mopping every hour, possibly turning the ribs and checking for shrink back on rib tips, these babies are on their own
IMG_0011.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Memphis Dry Hootchie Mama Ribs

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:30 am

Bear with me Y'all - - I'm just posting these for other Pellet Persons to think on or offer suggestions if they wish :tup:
It's been 2 hours into the cook at the Smoke setting which was for all practical purposes 130 plus or minus - - - lots of smoke coming out of the Pit so there should be some in the Reebz. I did a 180 and semi-musical chair ribs for no reason - - - :dont: just did :dont: - - also mopped them and turned the setting up to 225 - - - when mop time comes again I'll look and see if I want to increase the temp or not - - - - sure is nice having something stay so close to where you set it and not have to baby sit it :tup:
IMG_0013.JPG

got a small saucer of Bacon, Own-yawn and Jalapeno Pintos staying warm to join us at Lunch :chef:
IMG_0014.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:41 am

Can't wait to see how these come out, OUP.

You also pay next to nothing for ribs there. :shock:
Moink!
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:43 am

Looking good my friend :salut: :chef:
What time you want us over :laughing7:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:17 am

thanks, Wild Bill - - - - round noon is fine and bring some Beer OK :?:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:11 am

What time do we sit down to eat? I guess I could come a little early. I have a feeling we would not be short of interests to discuss. (Don't you just love it when someone invites themselves over?) Happens to me all the time when it's hot and they want the pool, or they know something is cooking. LOL :oops: :oops:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:16 am

:?: POOL :?: I'll bring the ribs there :tup: :texas:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:40 am

OldUsedParts wrote::?: POOL :?: I'll bring the ribs there :tup: :texas:

Yeah, its only an above ground but i did do a little something around it.
Attachments
Heaven1.jpg
Heaven.jpg
iphone 046.JPG
iphone 079.JPG
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:45 am

OK, this is the second to last post - - - only thing left is to check out the smoke ring after the 30 minute wrap and rest. I should have nver sampled that end flap piece cause it's gonna be a long 30 minutes. :cheers:
Ready to wrap
IMG_0016.JPG

Taco meat, if it lasts thru Lunch
IMG_0017.JPG

Wrapped and getting better, if that's possible
IMG_0018.JPG

I have never used anything but B & B Pellets and they have never let me down. Probably used 3/4 hopper full in a 4 1/2 hour low and slow.
IMG_0019.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Well the taste and tenderness was awesome and the pics show how moist they were BUT I was disappointed in the lack of a decent smoke ring ? This was my first time for not using 3-2-1 and also for mopping and I don't know if that could have defeated the smoke ring or not? - - - I usually spritz and will go back to spritzing from now on. This rack of ribs had a very dominate layer of fat close to the top outside but they were absolutely delicious and I got a Kudos from the Wiffy. I also put some SuckleBusters Chipotle Sauce in the beans and that was a winner for sure :cheers: Don't know whether to plan on Rib Chili or Tex-Mex for the leftovers :dont: :?:
IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:44 pm

I would eat them cold. :laughing7:

Good-lookin' plate! And seems to me the 'smoke ring' goes all the way to the bone.
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Leftovers? Ha, once I get through with that slab there won't be anything left to interest the dogs. :chef: :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:12 pm

They're still super juicy even after the days rest. Took part of the trimmed flap and made me something to take my ennin meds with - - - - winner winner I'ma taco sinner - - - wish I knew which lady made this hot Pico at HEB - - - we might be able to work something out :laughing7:
IMG_0023.JPG
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Those bones looks the best bud. :salut:
Love the color and they look as moist as PNW rain. :lol:
:salut: :salut: :salut:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 pm

thanks, Wild Bill, Outlaw and Sailor - - - - they were (are) very good and I imagine that's what's from Lunch tomorrow but no problem :salut:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”