Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Help ? Suggestions ? PLEASE

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi all,
Have to ask the masses on this one ok ?

We're going to take our little ( not really ) guy to his 1st outdoor Motorcross Race in Upstate NY this Saturday. It's been a staple in our family since the late 60's and we wanna pass the itch of riding dirtbikes to our little ( not really ) buddy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Question is this...
After the races are over, we're gonna set up camp while the local yokols see who can do the longest burnout leaving the parking lot with thier Deisel trucks and fartbox exhaust imports lol....
That's a show in itself..
Long story short, we'd rather tailgate and cook and wait out the chaos instead of sitting in miles of single lane traffic.

So, the question is..

I'm gonna take my Coleman Camping stove and my Paella pan and do some thin strips of breasts and thighs, all boneless and skinless.
I'm gonna probably smoke them on the Akorn Friday night,and cut up when we're ready on Saturday.

My question is, what SB rub and Sauce combo should I use ??

I'll probably do a trial run tonight to see how the pan cooks on that propane camping stove.

I'd take my small Weber and do lump, but I don't want any chance of hot coals in a farmers field....
Plus, it would take way to Long to cool down

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks Masses.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Help ? Suggestions ? PLEASE

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Don't know bout your Pit Crew but I'm a Hootchie Mama and Chipotle Man hands down - - - maybe some others like Wild Bill and Sooner can offer some udder suggs :dont: PIcs or it didn't happen, Bro :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Help ? Suggestions ? PLEASE

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:38 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Don't know bout your Pit Crew but I'm a Hootchie Mama and Chipotle Man hands down - - - maybe some others like Wild Bill and Sooner can offer some udder suggs :dont: PIcs or it didn't happen, Bro :salut:
Hmm..

Evan will probably eat hotdogs and Thighs with no heat, so prob the Original for him.
Deb doesn't like much heat, my 22 yo niece will try anything, lol.
My brother, he likes heat, but not so much he breathes fire.
His neighbor is from Uragay, so he LOVES spicy food....

So yeah, I'll probably have to bring the Burger King motto with my apron and that SB assortment I just got
Lol

Thanks for the info Emm..
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:50 pm

How will the noise levels effect the wee guy? I know my grandys don't like a lot of noise? You may have to park on the fringes to stop him getting upset? Just a thought.

Hope it goes good.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Russ wrote:How will the noise levels effect the wee guy? I know my grandys don't like a lot of noise? You may have to park on the fringes to stop him getting upset? Just a thought.

Hope it goes good.

Russ
No problem with noise, we have noise cancelling headphones just for babies/young kids.
Plus, we're gonna be up on a hill, not near the track. Years ago, it was all 2 strokes, but for a while now the AMA decided to use all 4 strokes. Yeah, they are still loud but nothing like the 2 strokes that sounded like a bunch of killer bees on steroids.

He was 3 months old when he went to his first wedding.
We brought ear plugs in case the music was too loud, but when we got there the DJ had it at a reasonable volume. He slept the ENTIRE night.
The second half of the reception was quite different.
We put his head phones on just to make sure, but never once did he wake up.

Lol, he's gonna be a rocker, LOVES any music, bit Especially classic rock :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good call tho Russ, he'll be good to go :mrgreen:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:08 pm

:?: Say What :?: the sounds and smell is 50% of the Rally - - - Hey PokePard, don't worry about the excess heat on Hootchie Mama and Chipotle - - - do a taste test or let them do one and "Riders Up" :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::?: Say What :?: the sounds and smell is 50% of the Rally - - - Hey PokePard, don't worry about the excess heat on Hootchie Mama and Chipotle - - - do a taste test or let them do one and "Riders Up" :tup: :salut:
Definitely, but we wanna make sure it's not too loud for his ears. He's still too young to tell us ya know. We're getting there when the gates open at 7 am so we will have our pick of where we wanna go to spectate.
Gonna be a few hundred feet from the track on a hill under the trees under a 10×10 pop up. 9 times out of 10, it's either raining or 100 degrees so we're watching the weather and it looks like high 70's which is perfect, but good chance of rain...grrr...

It's all good tho, as long as we keep him cool all is well. If the forecast showed high 90's + we wouldn't be going.
We're gonna have a good time. He absolutely LOVES Motorcycles, Trucks and..... Vacuum's....lmao..
His momma don't know it yet, but we're gonna look for the BIGGEST and MUDDIEST puddle and have at it...lol.
When I was a kid, I spent more time in the mud than a worm did .

I'm sure he will see the first two, maybe we will take a drive by the Hoover store on the way home :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Mud and Motocross go together :cheers:

Tell Deb that is what the hose and spray nozzle is for - - - - so Y'all just stand quietly and let her release her frustrations :laughing7: :D :lol:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:46 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Don't know bout your Pit Crew but I'm a Hootchie Mama and Chipotle Man hands down - - - maybe some others like Wild Bill and Sooner can offer some udder suggs :dont: PIcs or it didn't happen, Bro :salut:

Pics???? I want video :)

You could just rub them (SPG would be my choice…for everything) then give people a Sauce option at the races. Maybe take honey and chipotle if you have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Ok , so I have to give the verdict of tonight's test run its own thread...lol..

WOW !!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Gonna be a good day all around :)
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Our son has 3 kids, the youngest is absolutely hooked on big rigs and racing. This is his favourite clip, his names Jonty and he's full on all the time, the other 2 are quiet kids but not Jonty,lol. I think he's gunna be a truck driver.

http://youtu.be/qe6NnHFyoZI

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Russ wrote:Our son has 3 kids, the youngest is absolutely hooked on big rigs and racing. This is his favourite clip, his names Jonty and he's full on all the time, the other 2 are quiet kids but not Jonty,lol. I think he's gunna be a truck driver.

http://youtu.be/qe6NnHFyoZI

Russ

Russ, it's really kinda Kool, BUT creepy that you sent me that link, lol !!

I just grabbed this advertisement from my work yesterday.
It was near the time clock. Nobody seems to know who left them, but I don't care lol. I grabbed one.
We're going for sure. It's only 45 minutes for our house now and not far at all from my old stomping grounds when I was a young whippersnapper :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IMG_20170808_063955.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:15 pm

what do you mean ?WAS? :laughing7: :D :lol:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”