Sunday Steak

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Sunday Steak

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:42 pm

I never buy steak at Wally World, except for yesterday. Now I know why :dont: it wasn't the worst and certainly not the best but it BTH outa "Take Out" and SuckleBusters Campfire Steak Seasoning saved the day. It was also a Fill-It Mig-None and lacked a lot of natural juices. Oh Well, Lunch is down and I am full :tup:
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Sunday Steak

Postby outlaw » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:15 pm

I refuse to walk in a Walmart. KInd of hypocritical I guess cuz I do go to Samsclub.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:32 pm

I try to limit my Walmart trips to 3 a year. It helps keep my blood pressure down. That place sends me in a foul mood just thinking about going there.

Looks like you did good. Especially seeing what you had to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 pm

I see plenty of juices. :salut:
Moink!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Looks good from the Poconos buddy !!
I'd tear that up :):)

As for Walmart, had to run there this morning.
I decided that I might have to go back to my ( older ) days when I was called a houligan,ruffian,mischief/troublemaker hoodlum, goon and go back to driving a 78 c/10 with headers and straight pipes with cherry bombs ( the short ones ,:):):):)) and not give one ( fill in the blank ) and just look for the most inconsiderate person in the parking lot that decides to park thier beat up, beat on, 20 dents in each fender lowered Infinity G37X TWO inches from my driver's door !!!

Talk about inconsiderate !!!!
Back in the day, I would left them some ( Steel bumper ) beauty marks along the side of thier car. That's what we called the ( Jersey Thank You ) ....

But.. now I'm a little older, wiser,fatter,balder and have more than just me to support so I had to use my head and just settle for filling the door lock keyholes with Super glue....

Just kidding, just kidding, lol.

Nah, I just climbed thru the passenger side and left ..

Man, I hate that place !
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Yanno, I guess I must be fair and say that "it depends on the particular store that you're shopping at and there IS A DIFFERENCE" - - - my HEB store has been moving things around with no rhyme or reason and finding something depends on whether they have moved it since you were last there. This has been going on for several weeks and I am "fed up" so I made the HEB Cashier a promise today when I said "I HAVE SHOPPED AT AND LOVED THIS STORE SINCE IT OPENED BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING HERE AGAIN EXCEPT MY ICE CREAM AND BEER - - - AND IF YOU MOVE THOSE THEN I WILL BE TOTAL HISTORY" so I will do my other grocery shopping at Wally World (except for meats, ice cream or beer) and my meats at Fiesta.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:13 pm

It's funny you posted this oup, I took 2 porterhouse steaks out last night for dinner tonight. Wife said its been a while since we had a steak. Will make a garlic sauce later. Sides ? Don't know yet. Hoping it's better than yours.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:17 pm

You'll be just fine with dem Pootoorhousies - - - one of my favorite cuts of the cow :tup: :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Lol, love a t bone too, both the fillet and the porterhouse. A nice porterhouse with a bit of fat is hard to beat. Yours didn't look too good, my steaks are thawed out, nice deep red blood, so looking forward to them. Prolly roast a few veges and some steamed cabbage. Steamed cabbage is my fave vege ATM, especially nice with a dash of mint sauce over it when serving it. Pics to follow.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:26 pm

image.jpg

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 pm

That there cow tenderloin looks pretty dang good to me Em ...considering you got it from Wally World. :salut:
We all got a Wally worst just 10 miles South of home here. Been in there maybe 3 times in the last 15 years to get something for the boat. Walked thru the grocer dept once...what a cluster. :shock:
You did good my friend.....:chef: :chef: :cheers:

Bill
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Parts that looked like a Fil-a-magnum to me.

Russ I am always partial to the garlic-butter-horseradish-sour cream-sea salt and coarse pepper w fresh cream smashed Irish potaters w steak myself. Best if if can find the stoutest fresh ground horseradish, the kind that would harelip everybody in Bear Creek. Just MHO.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Boots wrote:Parts that looked like a Fil-a-magnum to me.
Boots, I think that's the North of I-10 name for them.
garlic-butter-horseradish-sour cream-sea salt and coarse pepper w fresh cream
don't leave much room for the tater does it ? :laughing7:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Boots wrote:Parts that looked like a Fil-a-magnum to me.

Russ I am always partial to the garlic-butter-horseradish-sour cream-sea salt and coarse pepper w fresh cream smashed Irish potaters w steak myself. Best if if can find the stoutest fresh ground horseradish, the kind that would harelip everybody in Bear Creek. Just MHO.

We used to go to a joint about 25 years ago and the steak was a steak Dianne, porterhouse with a garlic sauce, I've pretty much replicated it too as near perfect. It's ketchup Worcester sauce dry mustard powder lots garlic and a bit of cornflour to thicken, it's darn good sauce. I haven't had any better.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:13 pm

:?: Sauce on a Steak :?:
Aaaaaugh.jpg
Aaaaaugh.jpg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 2005 times

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”