Chops

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Chops

Postby Larry Wolfe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:17 am

Decided to roll the Performer back up the deck and grill some bone in chops. Just seasoned them with Season All and grilled over Royal Oak. I love bone in chops anyway you cook them! My wife also made some jasmine rice. I have never had it before, but don't think I'll ever buy another type of rice. Jasmine rice is fantastic!

Image Image Image Image Image
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:30 am

Looks good Larry..Never tried Jasmine rice.. Looks like thats on my to try list for the weekend..
Ken
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Re: Chops

Postby bowhnter » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:43 am

Larry Wolfe wrote: Just seasoned them with Season All and grilled over Royal Oak.

You have been going pretty basic lately.

I guess I am not sure if I have ever had Jasmine rice either :dont:

Jasmine rice is a rice varietal which is grown primarily in Thailand, although other nations cultivate the long grained, aromatic rice as well. It is frequently served with Thai and Chinese dishes, as the subtle, nutty flavor and rich aroma are very pleasing to the palate

I will presume that I have as we eat Thai and Chinese quite a bit...and I just call it white and brown :oops:
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Re: Chops

Postby Larry Wolfe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:51 am

bowhnter wrote:
Larry Wolfe wrote: Just seasoned them with Season All and grilled over Royal Oak.

You have been going pretty basic lately.

I guess I am not sure if I have ever had Jasmine rice either :dont:

Jasmine rice is a rice varietal which is grown primarily in Thailand, although other nations cultivate the long grained, aromatic rice as well. It is frequently served with Thai and Chinese dishes, as the subtle, nutty flavor and rich aroma are very pleasing to the palate

I will presume that I have as we eat Thai and Chinese quite a bit...and I just call it white and brown :oops:

Yeah sometimes simple is better....

I think you are right about the jasmine being used in chinese, because it sure reminded me of the rice we get when we order chinese. I'll be buying it for now on.
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:02 am

Looks good Larry! Making me want to put chops on instead of the ribs that are headed to the smoker in about 10 minutes...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:43 am

looks good Larry. Jasmine rice is the best!
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:56 am

Oh man! I haven't had breakfast yet! Bone in chops are the best. Just that extra added flavor from the bone.
My kids love any kind of rice. I can take it or leave it, although my favorite treat is Chinese fried rice with shrimp!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
Allie

Postby Allie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Pork chops look great!

Jasmine rice is the best, IMO. I started buying it a while back and will never go back to the plain ole white rice. It costs a little more but to me, it's worth it.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Great lookin' chops, Larry. :D :D
Jim
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:01 pm

OOOooo those chops look good, I really like grilled pork chops. I too have never tried jasmine rice but I guess I'll have to. Seen many recipes that call for it but I figured rice is rice. I saw a cajun recipe the other day that called for a rice that I'd never heard of before (nor can I recall) and the recipe said not to substitute as the texture of that rice was critical to the outcome.
tarde venientibus ossa....
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Hmmmmm, Hmmmmmm, good!!!! Wow them chops look great. I don't need Jasmine rice...plain steamed calrose rice will do!!!!!!

Mahalo for the pix.

a hui hou,
honu41
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 am

Yeppers do look good. Season All tastes purty good on anything. Now I dont believe in eating rice...dont want to be the culprit if the cajuns and chinese happen to run short of the stuff. Sides it have a tendency to ball up in the gut like wall paper glue..get a person all plugged up and give a bad old tummy ache. Now moving quickly on to a topic a hill billy taught me one time as part of the gastronomical edumacational process. There aint no such thing as a boneless chop...cuz a chop cant be a chop unless it has a bone. If you got a chop without a bone its a steak. By the same token using the term bone-in chop is being overly redundant all over again..cuz once you call it a chop all the astute folks such as me and the hill billy and now you...know it bound to have a bone in it or it wouldnt be called a chop. Simple huh?

bigwheel
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Postby Larry Wolfe » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:09 am

bigwheel wrote:Yeppers do look good. Season All tastes purty good on anything. Now I dont believe in eating rice...dont want to be the culprit if the cajuns and chinese happen to run short of the stuff. Sides it have a tendency to ball up in the gut like wall paper glue..get a person all plugged up and give a bad old tummy ache. Now moving quickly on to a topic a hill billy taught me one time as part of the gastronomical edumacational process. There aint no such thing as a boneless chop...cuz a chop cant be a chop unless it has a bone. If you got a chop without a bone its a steak. By the same token using the term bone-in chop is being overly redundant all over again..cuz once you call it a chop all the astute folks such as me and the hill billy and now you...know it bound to have a bone in it or it wouldnt be called a chop. Simple huh?

bigwheel

LOL Good point on the chop discussion!

I agree about the Season All, it's a staple in my spice cabinet and it is great on almost anything. Especially good on hash browns.
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:12 am

I got a killer recipe for a sphagetti salad which actually calls for Lawry's Seasoned Salt but I run out one time and used Season All. Tasted purty good. Sure wasn't no worse.

bigwheel

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”