The double standard!

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: The double standard!

Postby Txdragon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:03 pm

bsooner75 wrote:I'll try and touch base closer to the trip. We talked about a day trip to Hot Springs any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just let me know!
(Insert witty signature here)
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Txd, man you guys surprise me all the time, I never knew you had your own restaurant. That's one heck of a burger. I'd pay $20 for that. Do you have a link to your website please, I'd like to drool at some of your other stuff. :happ: :lol: :chef:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:35 am

Homemade Potato Chips - NIIIICE!!!
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 pm

egghead wrote:Homemade Potato Chips - NIIIICE!!!

Thanks EH! They're a crowd favorite here. We were using some packaged, frozen waffle cut chips that were okay. They were very difficult to handle though and as little as harsh language would break them while frozen.. :( We decided to just cut our own chips at that point and haven't looked back!
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 am

Txdragon wrote:
egghead wrote:Homemade Potato Chips - NIIIICE!!!

as little as harsh language would break them while frozen..

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 am

Have you found that some potatoes seem to fry better than others? I cant get home made potato chips to get and stay crisp without twice frying? Any insight. I know one of my favorite burger places (5 guys) has different potatoes everyday and they struggle with crispness.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 am

outlaw wrote:Have you found that some potatoes seem to fry better than others? I cant get home made potato chips to get and stay crisp without twice frying? Any insight. I know one of my favorite burger places (5 guys) has different potatoes everyday and they struggle with crispness.

Russets work best and thinner is better. I slice them on the Berkel (deli slicer) to a thickness that allows me to read the menu through. Lol! Then they go in the fryer. I make sure they are not overcrowded and all separate. Then I put the other basket over the top to kinda sink them. Give them about 3 min and done.. Crispy tater chips!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 am

Txdragon wrote:
outlaw wrote:Have you found that some potatoes seem to fry better than others? I cant get home made potato chips to get and stay crisp without twice frying? Any insight. I know one of my favorite burger places (5 guys) has different potatoes everyday and they struggle with crispness.

Russets work best and thinner is better. I slice them on the Berkel (deli slicer) to a thickness that allows me to read the menu through. Lol! Then they go in the fryer. I make sure they are not overcrowded and all separate. Then I put the other basket over the top to kinda sink them. Give them about 3 min and done.. Crispy tater chips!

I use my meat slicer to slice, but its a cheap one and wont slice anything quite that thin. Thanks for the tip Sir.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”