Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:01 pm

thanks, Wild Bill, this is gonna be a day to remember - - - I have definitely allowed my mouth to overload my Wrangler Patch but it will get done one way or tuther :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:30 am

bsooner75 wrote:2. Put a sign on the cooler stating “this ain’t beer so keep it closed”

HEY Sooner, you'll love this one from yesterday concerning your "above Rule 2"

Quick Story: Before leaving for the Reunion yesterday I made a big sign and taped it on top of the cooler that the ribs and towels were in. The Sign Said "PLEASE DO NOT OPEN" . So last night after we got home the Wiffy is sharing her stories of the day as we wind down from the Event.

Her youngest Son, his Fiance and her Parents had driven up to basically take care of Her and what ever Her needs were. So during the Reunion she needs to get her a Diet Coke and her Son goes with her to help. They are looking for the Ice and she spies the large cooler with the Sign. She says, "Mike just get some out of here" and Mike replies "Mom, it says Pleas Do Not Open so I'm not going to open it". So last night she asks me "Why did you have that Sign on that large cooler of Ice?" and I replied "Because it wasn't Ice, it was the Warming Cooler that had my Ribs in it !"

Footnote:- - - - then I couldn't help myself and I added "Obviously you weren't the one that taught him to read and follow the Directions" = = = = Me and my Mouth :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 am

Hahaha…sounds like something I would’ve said.

I had a brisket staying warm in a zip up cooler at a family gathering one time. Didn’t have a sign but told everybody what it was and please don’t open it…well a certain relative goes looking for ice for his 6th or 12th scotch and not only unzips it but leaves it open. Wife about had to scrape me off the ceiling on that one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:34 pm

The surest way to get someone to touch something is to put a "Do Not Touch" sign on it.

When I was in college I built a box with a big button on top and a "Do Not Press" sign on it. I'd leave it in a common room in the dorm. Someone would always press it, which triggered a LOUD siren, that slowly wound up. The only way to stop it was to find the hidden off switch. :P
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Hmmmm, I know where I could use that Box, Sailor, but they'd probably kick me out of the Holiday Festivities fo sho :laughing7: :D :lol:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:12 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Hmmmm, I know where I could use that Box, Sailor, but they'd probably kick me out of the Holiday Festivities fo sho :laughing7: :D :lol:

PB's done worse.... :P
Moink!

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”