Sillie Dawgs

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Sillie Dawgs

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 pm

I usually do ALL my Hot Dogs "Ripper Style" but today I decided to wrapped the weenies in Jalapeno Bacon, grill until done, put Jalapeno Rings/Mustard/and Pepper Jack on one Bun and Jalapeno Bacon, Sweet Jalapeno Relish, mustard and Pepper Jack on da'udder'n. They tasted OK :dont: but maybe I'll Rip the Weenies before wrapping with Jalapeno Bacon next time and try to come up with a Weener Winner. :scratch:
IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Ended up Semi-Grillin this Dude also but he was too crisp too add to the Dawg. :laughing7:
IMG_0064.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Sillie Dawgs

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Maybe wrap in bacon then fry the whole thing?

I’m not sure I recognize that creepy crawly condiment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Hmmmmm, wonder if I could "Rip" it ? Seems strange cooking bacon in Oil, however :dont: :roll:

The part I did not like was the Weenie taste - - - it was almost like I had done them Ross Style (duck and run) :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Definitely try Rippin the whole thing.
You won't know till u try it. If its a wash,just grab another beer and that will cancel out the bad decision lol.

Seriously tho, if it were me I would DEFINITELY try rippin one wrapped with bacon AND peppers. If ur oil is Hot enough, nothing should burn.

Please let us know.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Now you've done it - - - especially coming from the Pocono Hot Dog Prince - - - I'm gonna DO IT but not until next week so I can give it 100% effort :tup:
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Serious looking dogs, OUP. :D

Tell a yankee more about jalapeno bacon.....never heard of it. :D
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Smoking Piney wrote:Serious looking dogs, OUP. :D
Tell a yankee more about jalapeno bacon.....never heard of it. :D

It's a fairly spicy Bacon with a strong Chilie flavor - - - however, I have not used it as a breakfast side yet but I may change that in the Morning with some Cinnamon Rolls as the extinguisher :idea:

http://www.hormel.com/Brands/Bacon/new- ... peno-bacon
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks!

I've never seen it, much less tried it.

That hot?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:19 pm

NO NOT that Hot, just good and spicy - - - - too much for the Wiffy but just right for me - - - - not long ago I did some ABTs using 4 things, including this Bacon that had Jalapenos in them and the Bacon was the hottest of the bite.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32194&p=271333&hilit=ABT+4+J%27s#p271333
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:NO NOT that Hot, just good and spicy - - - - too much for the Wiffy but just right for me - - - - not long ago I did some ABTs using 4 things, including this Bacon that had Jalapenos in them and the Bacon was the hottest of the bite.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32194&p=271333&hilit=ABT+4+J%27s#p271333

My wife wouldn't agree, either. She can detect one molecule of hot in an ocean and spit it out.

But for me, I'm in! :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:14 pm

My Granny was the ONLY Female that I have ever known that could and would eat the hottest peppers known to man - - - if she said "Honey, these are a little Hot" then I left them alone. :rose: :texas:
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:02 am

Good look'in dawg's fo sho. :cheers: :cheers: I eat jalapeno's almost every day and on just about everything. :salut:
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 am

OldUsedParts wrote:My Granny was the ONLY Female that I have ever known that could and would eat the hottest peppers known to man - - - if she said "Honey, these are a little Hot" then I left them alone. :rose: :texas:

Now that’s funny
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:09 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Definitely try Rippin the whole thing.
You won't know till u try it. If its a wash,just grab another beer and that will cancel out the bad decision lol.
Seriously tho, if it were me I would DEFINITELY try rippin one wrapped with bacon AND peppers. If ur oil is Hot enough, nothing should burn.

All of this Ripper Rap finaly got to me so I got into my Yankee attitude and just fixed a couple of Rippers with Kraut and other stuff. :cheers:
IMG_0078.jpg

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”