Lamb shanks today

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Lamb shanks today

Postby Txdragon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

I've eaten roasted pig and cow head, I see NO REASON AT ALL I would pass on a lamb head! Those shanks look fantastic. One of my favorites from any animal; shank. Lamb, pork, beef.. Darn, I'm hungry!!
(Insert witty signature here)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Txdragon wrote:I've eaten roasted pig and cow head, I see NO REASON AT ALL I would pass on a lamb head! Those shanks look fantastic. One of my favorites from any animal; shank. Lamb, pork, beef.. Darn, I'm hungry!!
Thanks. As I said I don't eat the head, but i don't know if it's a rational reason for it.

These heads are very popular here during November. Lots of people invite their friends to dinner serving "smalahove" as the dish is called. Beer and aquavit to drink. The eyeball is a delicacy they say.

Agree with you, shanks are great.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:44 am

Joernolav wrote:
Txdragon wrote:I've eaten roasted pig and cow head, I see NO REASON AT ALL I would pass on a lamb head! Those shanks look fantastic. One of my favorites from any animal; shank. Lamb, pork, beef.. Darn, I'm hungry!!
Thanks. As I said I don't eat the head, but i don't know if it's a rational reason for it.

These heads are very popular here during November. Lots of people invite their friends to dinner serving "smalahove" as the dish is called. Beer and aquavit to drink. The eyeball is a delicacy they say.

Agree with you, shanks are great.

I have not eaten the eye of anything as of yet. I hear it is a good nibble from many animals; lamb, cow, tuna.. I don't "see" it in my immediate future to try one either. Lol
(Insert witty signature here)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Txdragon wrote:
I have not eaten the eye of anything as of yet. I hear it is a good nibble from many animals; lamb, cow, tuna.. I don't "see" it in my immediate future to try one either. Lol

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:56 pm

ChefPointingUp.jpeg
ChefPointingUp.jpeg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 889 times

"WHAT HE SAID"
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Hope my picture wasn't misunderstood. Ment to symbolize my feeling about eating the eyes. Absolutely not intended as a general feeling about txdragons statement!!

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”