Chicken -The real mayo clinic diet dish

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Chicken -The real mayo clinic diet dish

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Since mayo clinic diet has been mentioned in the forum lately I decided to cook a dish that actually could qualify for the cookbook.

Spent the day at the couch watching tour de Ski Today so no time to be out smoking or grilling for long time today. US athlet Jessica Diggins is normally great in this race but lost too much the day before yesterday so unfortunately not in a position to be the final winner this year.

Made my simple but tasty chicken filet burger tonight.

Sliced the chickenbreasts in two and butterflied them. Rubbed with SB Clucker dust and glazed with honey BBQ sauce. Great combo. Served in burger buns with some salad and a little bit of burger sauce. With the taste from SB I am unsure if the sauce was a plus or minus. Tend to think minus.

Forgot the SPG at home. The SPG has been a permanent seasoning on fries since we got it, but not this time.

Enjoyed a pilsner from my Christmas calendar. A pilsner from Prahg.

Was watching the Pisten Bully prep the downhill slope while grilling. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Chicken -The real mayo clinic diet dish

Postby Rambo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 pm

LOL, looks good
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Nice to see someone else is also eating Healthy :roll: - - - Is that lighted Run part of a downhill course ?
Bird looks great and so does plate - - - I don't think I have ever sauced Chicken except for Hot Wings on occasion. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:21 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Nice to see someone else is also eating Healthy :roll: - - - Is that lighted Run part of a downhill course ?
Bird looks great and so does plate - - - I don't think I have ever sauced Chicken except for Hot Wings on occasion. :dont:
The sauce was good on the chicken.

The light is from the course prepping machine. You see a tiny part of the downhill slopes. Most of it is on the other side of the hill. We can ski in from the cabin to the bottom of the course the machine is in.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Ah Ha - now I see it LOL - - - so cool that you can ski to the ?Lift? from your Casa - - - Cross Country Skis can ski uphill too can't they ?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Off the BBQ track and into the ski track:

Cross country is up, down, flat or whatever you want as long as your muscles are with you.

With downhill your boots are locked to the ski both in front and the back of the boot and they are heavy. The skis have edges of steel so they give good grip when you high speed turns and hit ice.

Cross country skis are narrower and no steel edges. The better ones are made of carbon. A good pair of skis is 400 -1000 USD and the skis comes in different stiffness' so they can match your weight. The boot is only locked in the front. Boots can also come with carbon sole and other carbon parts. Same price for the boots.

Here's an example of cross country skis and Boots.Image

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Yes Sir, I knew all of that from living in the Colorado Rocky Mtns for 4 years. However, I never skied Cross Country only downhill. Had me a season pass every year at Keystone with a Night Job - - Woo Hoo We would wax our skis and Y'all would be putting that ?Klister? :?: on Y'alls :laughing7: :lol: :D

I also have NO SHAME :roll: :dont: :laughing7: :lol: :D :whiteflag:
EmSkiing (2).jpg
EmSkiing (2).jpg (118.02 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:30 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Yes Sir, I knew all of that from living in the Colorado Rocky Mtns for 4 years. However, I never skied Cross Country only downhill. Had me a season pass every year at Keystone with a Night Job - - Woo Hoo We would wax our skis and Y'all would be putting that ?Klister? :?: on Y'alls :laughing7: :D
You should still go and do some downhill and I think they sell rippers in the cafe. At least here. Jalapeno though, I think not. :Laughing7:

klister is only when wet or icy tracks, mostly in the spring Everytime else it's wax or powder that we melt in with an iron.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:09 pm

My oldest Son still goes on a week skiing trip the first of every year but I quit the hobby when I left the Mtns back in '75. They are going to Red River in New Mexico some time this month I think. When we lived there I sharpened the edges and waxed my K2s several times but then some Hippie Chicks started doing it so cheap that it wasn't worth me even messing with it anymore. They also picked up and delivered which was great for a working Family man. :tup:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:32 am

OldUsedParts wrote:My oldest Son still goes on a week skiing trip the first of every year but I quit the hobby when I left the Mtns back in '75. They are going to Red River in New Mexico some time this month I think. When we lived there I sharpened the edges and waxed my K2s several times but then some Hippie Chicks started doing it so cheap that it wasn't worth me even messing with it anymore. They also picked up and delivered which was great for a working Family man. :tup:
Never to late to go again. My father is 82 and he still goes cross country.

Here the same view in daylight. You can see the little slope now. The rest is on the other side of the top. This is not a big ski resort but there are 2-3 black (advanced) slopes there which is ok if you want a break from CC skiing.Image

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:47 am

Ah Ha, that does put some light on the Subject :tup:

Kudos to your Father but my knee, hip and ankles could never stand the strain :whiteflag:
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:40 am

That chicken looks good and yeah nothing wrong with a little sauce on yard bird.

OUP Sir you have no shame, That one hurt my eyes :whiteflag:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 am

OUP. Didn't see your picture before now. That's the coolest. And the outfit is just fantastic. You could have participated in one of Roger Moore's James Bond films. Thank you for posting that.

https://youtu.be/RaEU_A405zA

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 pm

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: he's got me by about 30 pounds altho I did a lot of that "schuzing (sp)" but most of the time not standing upright. :whiteflag:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”