A New Way (to me) for Jap Poppers

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

A New Way (to me) for Jap Poppers

Postby Rambo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:53 am

I love Poppers, cream cheese bacon wrapped whole peppers, myself, I don't prefer the split halves. Invariably, when I'm trying to cut a slit in one side, pooch it open to get out the seeds and stuff it, I'll bust several and become frustrated, as I did yesterday. And then, it hit me, why not notch them out? I'm gonna tell you what; my mama always said; " a blind Hog will find an Acorn every once in a while", well, I think I did.

I also tweaked my stuffing with another " Duh" moment and Shazam, another good result. I usually mix a small dip bowl with flavored cream cheese and about 2 tbspn shredded cheddar. Yesterday while mixing, there was a bag of light brown sugar sitting on the cabinet where I was working and I thought. what the heck? Sweet/ Sour; Hot/Spicy/ Sweet, go for it. This little bowl I mix this in MIGHT be a cup, cup and 1/2 so I just reached in the bag and got as large of a pinch of Brown Sugar as I could and sprinkled it on top of the Cream Cheese/ Cheddar mixture and mixed it all up. I loved it. Anyway, hopefully this will be useful to someone. It sure cuts my prep time down considerably.
IMG_1733[6656].JPG
IMG_1733[6656].JPG
Attachments
IMG_1725[6746].JPG
IMG_1727[6742].JPG
IMG_1728[6740].JPG
IMG_1726[6744].JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: A New Way (to me) for Jap Poppers

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:06 am

Very Innovative and great use of the Pepper also. Another plus is that the filling is not as apt to fall or drip out while cooking. :salut: :cheers:
I think I'll try that the next time but with them lying on the grill and not standing up. Whatcha think, Sir :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:25 am

I like it! Try mixing a Hidden Valley Ranch fry packet to the cream cheese.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:38 am

limey wrote:I like it! Try mixing a Hidden Valley Ranch fry packet to the cream cheese.

ChefPointingUp.jpeg
ChefPointingUp.jpeg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 am

Awesome idea :chef:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 am

It makes it so easier and faster. I also cleaned them out with the end of a potato peeler; worked great. I’l Try that Limey, thanks
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Looks like a little jalapeño bobsled. Very creative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Rambo wrote:It makes it so easier and faster. I also cleaned them out with the end of a potato peeler; worked great. I’l Try that Limey, thanks

This is what I've been using so far and it works great for me - - - the edges are fairly thin/sharp? :tup:
IMG_0253.jpg
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:51 pm

OK my $.02..
if I don't want to cut the peppers in half, I just cut the top off and core the pepper with a carrot peeler from the top, then stuff and wrap.
on the stuffing, the yellow and cream cheese are great stuffing, but I add a split shrimp with the cheese, then wrapped in bacon and cook, I guess the sky is the limit on these and it seems like they are making peppers in the extra large sizes these days.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:12 pm

spacetrucker wrote:OK my $.02..
if I don't want to cut the peppers in half, I just cut the top off and core the pepper with a carrot peeler from the top, then stuff and wrap.
on the stuffing, the yellow and cream cheese are great stuffing, but I add a split shrimp with the cheese, then wrapped in bacon and cook, I guess the sky is the limit on these and it seems like they are making peppers in the extra large sizes these days.

This is easier than that to me; Potatoe/Potado
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:11 am

spacetrucker wrote:OK my $.02..

That used to be the only way I did them, also. However, since joining this Mad House (aka Ric) and wrapping in a whole slice of Bacon with the ABT basic style gives me a taste of all the ingredients almost every bite. :tup: :salut:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 am

Jalapeno surgery 101!! Great for presentation. I like it! Gets the pepper stuffed and keeps the filling in check. :cheers:
(Insert witty signature here)
tx patio center USER_AVATAR
Tx Patio Center
Pilgrim

Postby Tx Patio Center » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:56 pm

That Looks great!! Might have to try that tonight for the Cowboys Playoff game. Thanks for sharing :texas: :D

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”