B-b-b-b-OSTON B-b-b-b-UTT

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

B-b-b-b-OSTON B-b-b-b-UTT

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

I had seriously planned on waiting until the end of the week or the weekend to cook this Pork Butt, however, there was too much pressure from Justin, Rambo and others to wait any longer. Therefore, she's goin on the Pit Boss in the Morning. :tup: Just finished rubbing on the Glue (Honey-Mustard) and dusting real good with Suckle Busters Hog Waller Honey Rub. Got it wrapped in Saran and she'll spend the night in Motel Frig before waking up to another good dustin with SBHWH. :tup: Think I'll use the Maverick Probe and just let'er ride around 275 until it gets close to 160 and then wrap and finish in the Pellet Pooper. Gonna use Hickory Pellets for a couple of hours and then switch to Apple Pellets for the Finale. More pics much much later, Y'all.
:salut:

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Re: B-b-b-b-OSTON B-b-b-b-UTT

Postby JustinCouch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Awesome. I cant wait to see the results. I hope it goes smooth for you. After this last cook I am seriously considering a pellet smoker. Also considering not getting drunk the night before the cook! Waking up at 4am with a hangover was not fun.
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

SIR YES SIR! Like that funny sounding man says,....Get’er Done! Looking forward to seeing your results.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 am

4:02 feet on floor, coffee on and getting dressed
4:15 coffee in hand, out to the Pellet Pooper, started it up and then OOPS
4:30 complete cleaning of Pit Boss (because I thought I had cleaned it after my last cook and hadn't) fixed flare up cause, refilled and ready to start again.
5:35 started, preheated, meat unwrapped and dusted again with Hog Waller Honey. Meat on Pooper, fat cap up with Smoke Setting for next 2 hrs.
7:35 put Apple Pellets on top of remaining Hickory Pellets and raised the temp to 250/275
8:00 Maverick says Meat temp is 106 I.T. and Pit Boss says it's happy at 250 plus or minus.
Hot Shower is Calling
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 am

Four hours over Pellet Smoke/Heat and she's at 146 I.T. - - - - been averaging either side of 250 grill temp for 2 hours now. It should be about ready to wrap and finish when I get back from town. I've never done a "set and forget", per say, but this time I'm going to run to the Pharmacy and Burger Joint and leave the Pit Boss in charge of Baby Sitting (fingers crossed). :dont: :tup:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 am

Can't wait to see the results! (At about 29° here, we have to Q vicariously). ;)
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am

Look forward to some tasty results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Exciting. Looking forward to it.

It's quite early to get out at 4 and start bbq'ing, isn't it?

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:05 pm

yes indeed, Joe, I had to really do some talking to myself yesterday before taking on this project, however, I raised the lid for the first time to wrap it and I think it's gonna be all worth while - - - yum yum :tup:

Sailor Mam, you'll never see me doing anything outside when it's 29 - - - used to but those daze are long gone :salut:

Sooner, Sir, I hope your expectations are correct cause I have Sliders planned for mawn-yawner :salut:
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Well how much longer???
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Justin, she's at 197 I.T. now and I'm gonna pull it at 205 unless I get a surprise - - - - Hmmm, so I imagine around 30 min should be close. How long do you rest yours before pulling :?:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:57 pm

pull on the bone; if it comes out you're done
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Took her off at 205 I.T. and the bone fell out when I picked her up. Took one of the pieces into the Wiffy and her comment was "That's the best BBQ I ever tasted" :roll: Now, I'm not too sure what she wants but it sounded good anyhow. :tup: Got some more pics to post but I want to go ahead and pull it first and then I'll post the last ones up. BTW, it does taste purdy guud iffin I saze so meself. :tup:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Took her off at 205 I.T. and the bone fell out when I picked her up. Took one of the pieces into the Wiffy and her comment was "That's the best BBQ I ever tasted" :roll: Now, I'm not too sure what she wants but it sounded good anyhow. :tup: Got some more pics to post but I want to go ahead and pull it first and then I'll post the last ones up. BTW, it does taste purdy guud iffin I saze so meself. :tup:

That's funny
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Next up…brisket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”