Culottesteak

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Culottesteak

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 am

GRailsback wrote:I’ll take a photo the next time i do mushrooms and onions together. I need to find me a small tub of garlic butter as well. I think sooner may have a line on some.

Thank you on the pit, i will send you a PM and tell you the history of how i got there. But i am very proud of it, it is top of the line, and i am in the process of getting it ready to go to the big cookoff at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It’s something I’m not sure any Norwegians should attend. Because from experience ya’ll go mad when you get around cheap or free booze. I’ll tell you that story on the side as well. Worked with a lot of noggy’s in the oilfield. But if you ever want to come over and go to one of the big 4 cookoff sin the country i have you taken care of.
Cool. Norwegians and free/cheap booze is a very bad combination.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:51 am

Mr. Joe, no truer words ever spoken right there. But i will take care of you if you ever want to attend the big show in Houston.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:54 am

Appreciate it. May very well show up one day. Haven't seen Texas yet and it's on my bucket list.

david s USER_AVATAR
David S
Rustler

Postby David S » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 am

Beautiful cook, Joe! Nicely done :)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:11 am

David S wrote:Beautiful cook, Joe! Nicely done :)
Thanks. I did it a little different than in your article. It still provided som guidance for me.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:21 am

Joernolav wrote:Appreciate it. May very well show up one day. Haven't seen Texas yet and it's on my bucket list.

Come on, Parts and i will take care of you here. Then we will go to the lake house in the Hill Country. Parts has to drink the aquavit though.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:49 am

GRailsback wrote:
Joernolav wrote:Appreciate it. May very well show up one day. Haven't seen Texas yet and it's on my bucket list.

Come on, Parts and i will take care of you here. Then we will go to the lake house in the Hill Country. Parts has to drink the aquavit though.
Excellent. I'll bring the Aquavit. At the moment there are over 200 different norwegian types in sale here. That's in addition to the swedish and Danish types. So we will have a few to choose from :laughing7: There's even a special one made to drink with grilled meat. It not so strong though.

The linie aquavit is actually shipped across equator and back in oak barrels to mature.

Here you can follow a ship with aquavit live. It's in Shanghai at the moment I think.

https://linie.com/live

You can get hold of aquavit in the US?

You should serve aquavit with your food at the cook off! Image

captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:39 am

same as picanha
very popular in South America
they like to cook it on a rotisserie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJcFnUmX3_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEgNPDXKVX8
Attachments
picanha_tritip.jpg
picanha_tritip.jpg (19.34 KiB) Viewed 1422 times
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:55 am

If you come to see Texas you better have plenty of time its a big place. Having grown up exclusively in Texas and all over the state, there is a lot to see....(if ya want to see the Austin area, we will be happy to be your tour guide), I am sure there are others that would like to do the same we all have our own little niche where we are familiar and will show you around..

That is an extremely good looking plate you fixed, great photos..
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:15 pm

CaptJack wrote:same as picanha
very popular in South America
they like to cook it on a rotisserie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJcFnUmX3_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEgNPDXKVX8
That is what I figured out too. I didn't cook it on a rotisserie though.

Very tasty piece of meat. Not as tender as a sirloin, but all around the table agreed that is was more tasteful.

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:32 pm

spacetrucker wrote:

If you come to see Texas you better have plenty of time its a big place. Having grown up exclusively in Texas and all over the state, there is a lot to see....(if ya want to see the Austin area, we will be happy to be your tour guide), I am sure there are others that would like to do the same we all have our own little niche where we are familiar and will show you around..

That is an extremely good looking plate you fixed, great photos..
Thank you.

I've noticed Texas is big. Almost as big as all of central Europe

We have spent a lot of summerholidays in the US. Due to the distance from home we usually spend close to 3 weeks when we're going so that would be ok for Texas I think. We love spending the holidays in the US. That's because there's lot of cool things to see, language is manageable for us, food is great, and at last but not least: a lot of friendly people. From what I read from your post, others above and from the general tone in this forum Texans seem to be just as friendly. :laughing7:

My wife and I have on our bucket list a goal to visit all the 50 states. We are well on our way and have already planned a big US tour in the summer so Texas must eventually be next year.

I appreciate your offer to be a tour guide in your area and I will absolutely let you know when/if we're going to Texas, as I hope everybody would tell me if you're going to Norway. Would love to show you around the Oslo (capital) area.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”