Dry aged T-bone on the grill

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Dry aged T-bone on the grill

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:27 pm

As I said in another thread, I bought a couple of aged T-bones a couple of days ago. They are probably more porterhouse than t-bone but they where sold as t-bone dry aged for 5 weeks.

This was a first for me so I wanted to go neutral on the seasoning. Only salt and pepper an hour before grilling. Chilled around with some great 80's music on the stereo and a cold beer while waiting. Also made chimichurri to go with the steaks. Mrs. prepared mashed potatoes.

Used the Weber igrill. One probe in each.

Did a reverse sear after pulled from indirect heat when internal reached 115. Readied the potatoes while cooking, and more music.
Cranked up to full power on the Weber and seared the steaks. Things looked great.

So the result:

I was a bit disappointed to see the steaks was a bit overcooked. I like them medium rare. Shouldn't be overcooked when pulling at 115 and short searing. I haven't used the Igrill so much. Must probably calibrate it. The taste was great and steaks was tender, especially the tenderloin side. Was it worth the price premium over an ordinary t-bone? I'm not sure. These two steaks was about 90 bucks. About twice the price of ordinary t-bones.

We had the steaks with mashed potatoes, shrooms and chimichurri and some garlic butter on top of the steaks. As I said we wanted it simple to really taste the meat. I call it a 3/4 success because I overcooked it.

Here are som pictures.
As usual Fonzie is close when cooking but today he was a bit too close. I Could hardly find a place in front of the grill today.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Dry aged T-bone on the grill

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

There's an old saying that goes "The closer to the bone the sweeter the meat" and I'll bet that sure holds true for you Steak, Sir Chuck Wagon :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Can you blame Fonzie? That's where i'd be! ;)
Moink!
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:06 am

Yessir, I'd be on the front lines with Fonzie around those steaks too! Good looking T-bones! :cheers:
(Insert witty signature here)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:16 am

Thank you guys. I wish I had cooked them a little less and they would have been perfect.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”