MISC Lunch

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

MISC Lunch

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 am

Got the urge for some Mahi Mahi so I picked up a very long filet and I cut it into several steaks, two of which I'm gonna grill today. I originally was gonna do them Blackened Style but last night I decided to give them an overnight marinade in some butter and Spicy Jerk Seasoning. Picked up what Egghead calls "the Personal Pineapple" which will be sliced and get some charcoal time PLUS some squashes/etc on a stick and some sweet peppers that have laid in olive oil all night. Somewhere in all of this I have plans for some Hootchie Mama to be sprinkled on something that is gaining Char. :dont: :salut:

Heck I might even dig out my old Bob Marley CD and crank it up while grilling :chef: :cheers:
P6240019.JPG

P6240021.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Re: MISC Lunch

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 am

Ohhh That sounds good Sir! :salut: be on standby for this one 8)
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:29 am

Pouring rain here, so can't wait to see the finished product!
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:38 am

Oh yea!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:44 am

Mahi mahi sounds so much more elegant than dolphinfish or dorado. It is one of my favorite fish, grilled with lemon garlic butter.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:15 pm

Okie Sawbones wrote:Mahi mahi sounds so much more elegant than dolphinfish or dorado. It is one of my favorite fish, grilled with lemon garlic butter.

I agree and they aren't the prettiest swimmer in the Gulf either. I learned to like it from my Granny who would always order grilled Mahi Mahi when I took her out to eat and it was always at Red Lobster (however, this was back in the days when they served good seafood)

Mini Story: she dearly loved fish and when we would vacation to Colorado we always fished a lot. She always fried the trout in butter and I've seen her eating "cold" trout for Breakfast after we had eaten a regular breakfast and were headed out the door to fish. Miss Ya Granny :rose:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm

I was a little skeptic about this one but it turned out very tasty. However, since I have plenty of the Mahi Mahi left, the next batch will be a la Oakie Sawbones or Blackened. The Pineapple was awesome but that Jerk Sauce got a little hard to handle :angryfire: towards the last few bites. :laughing7:

My intention on this Lunch was that everything would turn out to be "finger food style" and I got that accomplished with no problem. Just a few dishes to wash PLUS my hands :whiteflag:

P6240022.JPG

P6240023.JPG

P6240024.JPG

P6240027.JPG

P6240028.JPG
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Winner winner dolphin dinner! :tup:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:08 pm

:lol: :D :salut:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:04 pm

Looks good Emm, Cajun Blackened Deep Fried gets my vote every time for most fish
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:22 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Looks good Emm, Cajun Blackened Deep Fried gets my vote every time for most fish

Yeah, I should have listened to that little voice (Old Bay) in my head while I was mixing the Jerk Marinade last night. :whiteflag:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:59 pm

:chef: :cheers: :chef:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:06 pm

Great plate parts, love pineapple. Great story of your nana. Sounds like a cool woman.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 pm

thanks, Pardnah, and yes she was truly the light of my life as a young man :tup:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:17 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Pardnah, and yes she was truly the light of my life as a young man :tup:

Ditto, spent many a weekend at grandparents place. She taught me how to make picklets. Start of my cooking experiences.

:chef: :chef: :chef:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”