Whatcha Smokin, Grillin, Cookin This Weekend 8/01 - 8/03

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Whatcha Smokin, Grillin, Cookin This Weekend 8/01 - 8/03

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:33 am

That time of week again people! Whatcha cookin this weekend??? Doesn't have to be smoked or grilled. We wanna know!!
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:18 am

With the heat, I'm really wanting to make something cool and light. Maybe a chicken salad or something. Tonight will be the only night I can cook, and it's supposed to storm, so we'll have to wait and see.
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:26 am

Boneless skinless chicken breasts and whole pork loins on sale. So, tomorrow, it's gonna be a butterflied, stuffed and rolled, smoked loin. Sunday, I'll probably do chicken fried chicken. Of course, some ABT's and a fatty surely thrown in there somewhere.
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:46 am

Tonight, I am going to simmer some ribs :shock: ....vac sealed left overs that is 8)

It's been really hot and I haven't cooked outside for probably 10 days or better...will see what's on sale for tomorrow. I have to throw something on the grill...
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:01 am

Don't think I'll be cooking anything outside... too hot! Roasted a couple of chickens in the oven yesterday :shock: , so planning on Chicken Caesar salads for dinner tonight.
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:33 am

Tonight, I'm going to grill some Ekrich smoked grillers with cheese (smoked sausage with bits of cheese throughout). At least that's the plan right now. I'll make some baked beans (probably throw those on the grill, too since I'll have plenty of coals for cooking both) and either make potato packets on the grill or french fries in the house.

That wasn't the plan but when I pulled out the pork chops to marinate, they were spoiled.......grr!

I have no clue what we'll be cooking the rest of the weekend. Hopefully, some fresh corn on the cob and green beans!
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 pm

JamesB wrote:... too hot! Roasted a couple of chickens in the oven yesterday :shock: , so planning on Chicken Caesar salads for dinner tonight.

At least you roasted your own, we bought ours already done at Kroger :shock: :oops:
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Doing a meat loaf today. :D Maybe grill some shrimp or something easy over the weekend. :D
Jim
frognot USER_AVATAR
frognot
Pilgrim

Postby frognot » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Gonna do a buncha burgers & dogs for a great-niece's 6th birthday. Too dang hot to hang around outside, might even use the gasser instead of the old Weber. (I can't believe i just admitted that on a BBQ board).

Okay, i'll use the Weber. I'll just hydrate with an extra beer or two.

Think i got some brats in the freezer i could throw on while i'm at.
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:51 pm

frognot wrote:Gonna do a buncha burgers & dogs for a great-niece's 6th birthday. Too dang hot to hang around outside, might even use the gasser instead of the old Weber. (I can't believe i just admitted that on a BBQ board).

Okay, i'll use the Weber. I'll just hydrate with an extra beer or two.

Think i got some brats in the freezer i could throw on while i'm at.

Nothing wrong with the gasser for some quick burgers and dogs! To be honest, I wish I wasn't out of gas with my gas side of my CG Duo! Anything beats cooking indoors....
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:32 pm

copkid wrote:
frognot wrote:might even use the gasser instead of the old Weber. .

Nothing wrong with the gasser for some quick burgers and dogs! To be honest, I wish I wasn't out of gas with my gas side of my CG Duo!

Yep, nothing wrong with using gas... I'll fire up my Weber gasser when time or circumstances dictate a quick cook is in oder!

copkid wrote:Anything beats cooking indoors....

Unless the forecast calls for 104°+! :shock:
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Sometimes I wish we still had a gasser. We still have a working side burner on it that we use to fire up the chimney but the grill burners no longer work. Like tonight for cooking grillers, gas would be so much easier and less wasteful than using charcoal.

We aren't using a/c this year in an attempt to save money........electric bill is already $150 a month without a/c. I am sooooo glad the highest we've had to deal with is 92 and on those days, we go outside and stay under the shade trees!
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:32 pm

Be rotissin' a 130 lb hog in the morning for the slaughterhouse owner where I get my whole hogs, traded my "services"; I roast his hog tomorrow and he gets me a same size hog for my pig roast on Aug. 23rd.

You are invited to my hog roast, just bring a side dish, salad or dessert and beverages. Should be a blast!

Have a safe and great weekend... :)

a hui hou,
honu41
grillatarian USER_AVATAR
Grillatarian
Rustler

Postby Grillatarian » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:54 pm

frognot wrote:..... Too dang hot to hang around outside, ....

Today August began with a great solar flare mixed with some 99% humidity. I was having Houston flashbacks all day......
:oops:

Won't grill anything this evening. Might drag something outta the freezer for tomorrow.... or maybe I'll just crawl up in there for awhile and think about it. :P
"I don't always smoke meat, but when I do...I use a drum. Stay hungry my friends!"
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:58 pm

101 in the flats here today. Longest streak above 90* in recorded history. At at altitude it's still 92*. Just tell myself to enjoy cause the snow will be flying soon enough :shock:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”