Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 3/30 - 4/01

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:08 am

Nice looking feast. :D Crab legs :D :D :D I'm like TX, I think 120* is about right for rare.
Jim
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:02 am

Wow, crablegs on the grill, looks great Chuck!
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:29 am

Ok, it's time for the brisket to hit the smoker. Time for another coating of Wolfe Rub Bold. I decided to throw the brisket on earlier than usual (8pm) so I could pull it off in the morning and throw on the pork loin....well that didn't turn out as planned;

Brought my therm to bed so when the brisket hit 160* I could foil it.
Well my Maverick failed to warn me :? I woke up at 3am with that 'smokers instinct' and checked the therm, it said 191* :shock:

So I was cursing to myself while I walked downstairs, dog in tow, and took out the thermapen and checked the temps in different spots. I thought Ok, no problem, it's just over 190* I'll foil it and wrap it in a towel then put it in the cooler.

Well like Larry's brisket, this thing was over trimmed. I would say the butcher 'butchered' it but after unfoiling there was a little juice. Smelled great! And turned out just OK.

Well considering this was not as fatty, there wasn't much 'scraps' left over to chop for sandwiches. This was the leftover scraps and here in Kansas we like to chop all that up, drown it in sauce and you have a great chopped brisket sandwich! Now this was goood!

Well decided to get the lawn mowed and edged and while I was getting that done, the pork loin was just about through. Pulled the loin at 150* let it rest for about 2 hours and then sliced it with the meat slicer. Turned out awesome! I didn't roll it in cornmeal like Puff did but it did turn out great!

Vaccuum sealed about 7 bags (2 for myself and the rest for family)
I would definately recommend this and do it again!
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:42 pm

Great looking chow SC! That bacon is the best :D
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:11 pm

WOW :cheers: Nice job :D :D I like the chopped scrap sammies too :tup:
Jim
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:31 pm

:bow: Great lookin' brisket, SC! I like the chopped sandwiches, too. That loin looks great as well. I'm gonna *have* to try that, since the kids like bacon.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:17 pm

looks nice all the way around Dan. :D
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:38 pm

thanks fellas.....the chopped brisket is my favorite mainly because if you have fat scraps they keep the whole sandwich nice and moist. Most of the scraps consist of the dry, barky ends and the fat balances it all out. Not the best on the heart! But a good way to not waste :wink:
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:41 pm

TX Sandman wrote::bow: Great lookin' brisket, SC! I like the chopped sandwiches, too. That loin looks great as well. I'm gonna *have* to try that, since the kids like bacon.

It's real good Sandman. It's got a good not too salty, smoky taste. I used Maple and Apple wood. Plan to use it with egg burritos, throw some on pizza's or just heat up with some fried eggs and an english muffin!
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:56 pm

SteerCrazy wrote:
TX Sandman wrote::bow: Great lookin' brisket, SC! I like the chopped sandwiches, too. That loin looks great as well. I'm gonna *have* to try that, since the kids like bacon.

It's real good Sandman. It's got a good not too salty, smoky taste. I used Maple and Apple wood. Plan to use it with egg burritos, throw some on pizza's or just heat up with some fried eggs and an english muffin!

Pizza.....now that sounds good 8)
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Puff wrote:
SteerCrazy wrote:

Pizza.....now that sounds good 8)

Yeah, Pizza hut calls their topping Ham while others call it Canadian Bacon. Either way it's good! I prefer it over Italian Sausage on pizza

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”