Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 3/30 - 4/01

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:31 am

Larry Wolfe talked me into putting some Wolfe Bold to good use this weekend, so while I have a break in the weather, and the smoker will be chuggin along Sunday anyway, I thought hey, a brisket does sound good!
Sorry for the bad pics, I was in a rush 8)

here she is, about a 7lb flat (nice sized for a flat :shock: ) slathered her down good with some rev's magical mustard sauce (my fav)

The slather acts like a glue keeping the rub in place. I usually slather, rub, then put it on the smoker. This time I slathered, rubbed and wrapped until I put it on the smoker later tonight. Before it goes on the smoker I will rub it down good.

This will go on about 11pm tonight. I'll put the pork loin for back bacon on tomorrow morning. More pics to come!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:56 am

TX Sandman wrote:I had planned on doing pulled pork for the out-laws, but since I've been awake 40 hours for work, that will probably change.

Actually, it didn't. :twisted: After a quick trip to the store, I'm the prowd owner of an 8.67 lb piece of pork goodness. I also picked up a rack of spares for my son.

Another quick pic to whet y'all's appetites.

Y'know, I just realized, I'm gonna have pork out the wazoo today.

Sausage fatty.
Bacon.
Shoulder.
Ribs.

:shadenana: Hot darn, I'm eating Miss Piggy! Hope Kermit doesn't get ticked!
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:44 pm

SteerCrazy wrote:Larry Wolfe talked me into putting some Wolfe Bold to good use this weekend, so while I have a break in the weather, and the smoker will be chuggin along Sunday anyway, I thought hey, a brisket does sound good!

here she is, about a 7lb flat (nice sized for a flat :shock: ) slathered her down good with some rev's magical mustard sauce (my fav)

The slather acts like a glue keeping the rub in place. I usually slather, rub, then put it on the smoker. This time I slathered, rubbed and wrapped until I put it on the smoker later tonight. Before it goes on the smoker I will rub it down good.

This will go on about 11pm tonight. I'll put the pork loin for back bacon on tomorrow morning. More pics to come!

Lookin' good SC. Is that Rev. Marvin's sauce you're using?
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:27 pm

Ready for another pic? How 'bout the ribs?

Rob - TX Sandman

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:36 pm

Puff wrote:
SteerCrazy wrote:Larry Wolfe talked me into putting some Wolfe Bold to good use this weekend, so while I have a break in the weather, and the smoker will be chuggin along Sunday anyway, I thought hey, a brisket does sound good!

Lookin' good SC. Is that Rev. Marvin's sauce you're using?

Yep, I use to make my own mustard slather with beer and mustard and brown sugar, but the Rev's is so much easier!
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:38 pm

That Rev's is some good stuff!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:13 pm

TX-with ribs, SteerCrazy-with brisket :bow: You guys are hurtin' me. :roll: With working this weekend, trying to do hamburgers is tough. :( and looking at those hunks of meat are making me hungry for something more than a hamburger. :banghead:
Jim
desi
Rustler

Postby desi » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:37 pm

did some salmon last, along with some white rice and a salad.

OINK!
desi
Rustler

Postby desi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:58 am

great lookin grub everyone, looks like everyone was well fed.
OINK!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:48 am

OSD wrote:TX-with ribs, SteerCrazy-with brisket :bow: You guys are hurtin' me. :roll: With working this weekend, trying to do hamburgers is tough. :( and looking at those hunks of meat are making me hungry for something more than a hamburger. :banghead:

That's how I felt all week at work. I'm checkin out pics of steak and ribs and eatin' canned ravioli and popcorn. Made great motivation, though. :twisted:
Rob - TX Sandman

Steven Raichlen
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:55 pm

AAAAGGGGG! You Guys are killing me, all of that good looking food! Wew have been working for almost a month straight now, no time for cooking. Caught a break yesterday with weather conditions,but had to do things around the house or suffer this :violent: from wife. I've been looking at all of the great food on here, you guys are good. Great food from everyone.
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Rich777 wrote:... ,but had to do things around the house or suffer this :violent: from wife.

I still have my Christmas decoration boxes in my garage. :shock: I'm starting to get those looks, too.

I'm darn lucky, though. Karen knows when I've had the kind of months I've had at work, sometimes it's all I can do to walk upright, much less clean. My day's coming pretty soon, though.
Rob - TX Sandman

Steven Raichlen
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:24 pm

OK... Here is my April Fools Day cook...

Bought some Top Sirloin and tried out the new thermometer, Didn't workout very well. Wife likes her steak med-rare and I like mine med. I took hers off at 140* and mine at 155*. Both ended up being well done. Will have to remember to adjust the temps next time.

ABT's are still on the grill... Wife said too hot, so they had to cook longer...

Bought some King Crab legs at Sams. This is about half of what I cooked. Never done these before and these things were fantastic! I will be doing this again!

And again...

Can you light the grill and not do ABT's? I am thinking that it's a federal law or something.

We ate the crab legs as an appetizer. Looks like Snickers is wanting to try John's crab leg...

OK... Finished off the crab legs. Now it's time to start getting the steaks ready.

Tryin to get some grill marks. Cool looking fire. Have the potatoes, corn on the cobs and the ABT's cooking too...

Steaks are almost done...

The finished product. A bit overcooked, but will know better next time.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:47 pm

I thought about ABTs this weekend, but decided they were too involved for me. Now I'm wishin' I'd done a few. I'm needing my fix.

:salut: :tup: Great lookin' steaks, Chuck! Good to see the CG at work!

I forget the temps, but maybe next time take the steaks off about 115-120* for med rare and 125-130* for med. I think carryover should get you the rest of the way.
Rob - TX Sandman

Steven Raichlen
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:09 pm

TX Sandman wrote:I thought about ABTs this weekend, but decided they were too involved for me. Now I'm wishin' I'd done a few. I'm needing my fix.

:salut: :tup: Great lookin' steaks, Chuck! Good to see the CG at work!

I forget the temps, but maybe next time take the steaks off about 115-120* for med rare and 125-130* for med. I think carryover should get you the rest of the way.

Thanks Rob...

I will give these temps a try next time. I was thinking they would only cook about another 5* or so, but guess that I was wrong! Next time I will leave the probe in just for grins to see where it peaks.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”