Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 4/06 - 4/08

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:50 am

Well that time of week again, boy time does fly :shock:
It's easter weekend or for others it's passover week. We wanna know what great spread you're cookin for the festive holiday weekend or who else is doin the cookin?? The 'what are you doing' thread will be over in the general discussion area.
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:52 am

Im headed to the ranch this weekend, gonna 'Bust some Steaks on open fire Saddy night (if we dont freeze our hineys off). :lol:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:41 am

Not sure what we are gonna do yet. I fly back home from Pennsylvania today so I will find out when I get there.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Damifino! Tonight is probably dinner out and church. Saturday is up in the air as the out-laws are having dinner with the BIL. Sunday it's lunch with my folks, dinner with hers. (Augh! Ham Overload!)
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:39 pm

Hopefully some ribs this weekend :D :D
Jim
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Postby Larry Wolfe » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:09 pm

Brining a turkey tomorrow and smoking it Sunday for Easter dinner
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:23 am

I want to eat at Larry's house Image Love smoked turkey :tup:
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:58 am

Cleaning the garage today. Crappy weather this weekend.

Sunday beer can chickens.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:03 am

I'm so sick of the wind! I had Tu, Wed, and Thurs. off and bought a nice shoulder and B. butt, and couldn't do anything with them but stick them in the freezer! I can handle the cold snap, but the wind is hard to fight, where my CG is! I sick of it!!
I'm working on Easter, so I guess I will be having steakburgers and shakes! Actually, if I eat anything at work, it's a big bowl of our beef veggie soup, and a turkey club! (Steak and Shake).
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
desi
Rustler

Postby desi » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:24 pm

doin a couple hams to bring to Moms for Easter dinner. got another batch of jerky on now, and i'm not sure what else.
OINK!
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:32 pm

Well I have a turkey breast planned with the infamous Wolfe injection recipe (sorry larry, I didn't get to brine it) and a double smoked ham with a scrumptious glaze. Plan to put them on at 3pm today and with the cold and wind, will probably take all night to reach temps :roll: Going to slice them on the meat slicer tomorrow for easter lunch/dinner
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:43 pm

SteerCrazy wrote:Well I have a turkey breast planned with the infamous Wolfe injection recipe (sorry larry, I didn't get to brine it) and a double smoked ham with a scrumptious glaze. Plan to put them on at 3pm today and with the cold and wind, will probably take all night to reach temps :roll: Going to slice them on the meat slicer tomorrow for easter lunch/dinner

Could you fashion a wind break? Got a sheet of plywood or drywall laying around? Just thinking out loud. :)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:50 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:
SteerCrazy wrote:Well I have a turkey breast planned with the infamous Wolfe injection recipe (sorry larry, I didn't get to brine it) and a double smoked ham with a scrumptious glaze. Plan to put them on at 3pm today and with the cold and wind, will probably take all night to reach temps :roll: Going to slice them on the meat slicer tomorrow for easter lunch/dinner

Could you fashion a wind break? Got a sheet of plywood or drywall laying around? Just thinking out loud. :)

You know Dats, I've been thinking I need a wind break especially since I don't have any houses around me and I live sort of up on a hill and when it's windy, it's windy.

But then I tell myself, you know, self, do you really need a wind breaker? Outloud I say no cause I deal with it but inside I say yes. So, I might have to breakdown one of these days and build one of those fancy plywood wind breakers cause it's always gonna be windy when I want to smoke somethin in the spring time.

Now when the spicewine arrives, I don't care who you are, that thing will hold temps in a tornado. But with the size of it, It's not always smart to be firin it up for a brisket or a slab of ribs....

So anyway, looks like I'm going to have to breakdown and make a windscreen. :)
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:57 pm

SteerCrazy wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:

You know Dats, I've been thinking I need a wind break especially since I don't have any houses around me and I live sort of up on a hill and when it's windy, it's windy.

But then I tell myself, you know, self, do you really need a wind breaker? Outloud I say no cause I deal with it but inside I say yes. So, I might have to breakdown one of these days and build one of those fancy plywood wind breakers cause it's always gonna be windy when I want to smoke somethin in the spring time.

Now when the spicewine arrives, I don't care who you are, that thing will hold temps in a tornado. But with the size of it, It's not always smart to be firin it up for a brisket or a slab of ribs....

Forget the wind break and buy an egg :roll: :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:59 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:
SteerCrazy wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:

Forget the wind break and buy an egg :roll: :lol:

I would if I could, already blew my cash on the spicewine :lol:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”