Congratulations to the Fathers Day Throw Down winners! 20013

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Re: Congratulations to the Fathers Day Throw Down winners! 2

Postby CliffCarter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Boots wrote:BTW, I thought it pertinent to recognize Cliff C on the Bacon and Cheese Glazed Donut burger for creativity...I really liked that idea, though the American Heart Association is going to be swearing out a warrant on you fer sure...

Salute!

Congrats the winners and everyone that entered.
Thanks, Boots, they were excellent burgers and something I have wanted to try for a long time. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but sadly I can't. The story I first saw about them was that Luther Vandross ordered a bacon cheeseburger on a Krispy Kreme donut at his favorite burger place and the Luther Burger was born. I have read of other "originators" since, but I like the name "Luther Burger" so that's what I'm sticking to. BTW my wife agrees with the American Heart Association so I probably won't be doing this again, if she's watching. :lol:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Congratulations to the Fathers Day Throw Down winners! 2

Postby Boots » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Tell ya what Cliff, you show how to grill or smoke a juicy Lobster tail, and I will pony up with a like new copy of one of my favorite garage Country (yes, real country, not this Taylor Swift drivel) bands, Chuck Wagon and The Wheels' Off the Top Rope, which cost me a whole 4 dollars on Amazon.

Hork up some photos of a smoked or grilled Lobster, and I will mail you this fine example of twisted, sure to make you smile, perfect for the smoker-top ghetto blaster masterpiece.

And whatever you do, DON'T FORGET THE BUTTER!!
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”