Announcing the 2014 Labor Day Throwdown- Any Thing Goes

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Announcing the 2014 Labor Day Throwdown- Any Thing Goes

Postby limey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:32 pm

All right folks, you asked for it. I let the newest member of the Throwdown Club pick the category........ Buzz wants a anything goes. That is anything that can be grilled or smoked, use your imagination. You may include sides on the anything goes.
Everyone please review the general ordinances that govern the TBBQF Throwdowns: Any Thing Goes sides included.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1338
Entries have to have the secret phrase TBBQF Smoke on the back of a business card in your photo.
I will let everybody have two weekends to get your winning shot so the last day to get your pic in will be September 7th at 12 AM.Polls will go up Sept 9th in the evening time. The email to send the pics will be posted next Monday evening.
Winner of the Labor Day Throwdown will receive a Texas BBQF T shirt from Cafe Press, winners choice.
Compliments from our Sheriff Gator. Winners will also receive a custom avatar and exclusive access to the MVP lounge.
Good Luck
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Re: Announcing the 2014 Labor Day Throwdown- Any Thing Goes

Postby egghead » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:52 pm

MVP Lounge? I thought it was to remain a secret to the general membership. Only advised of it when you were admitted with the secret e-shake.

:dont:
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:43 am

There goes the ball game. :roll:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:24 am

Sounds like time for an expansion of the MVP Lounge, add some couches, a pool table, 'nother keggerator....
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:31 am

Now we are talking. In the old days we changed a soda machine over to beer in the rec.room at the fire station. Never could keep it stocked after that. :shock:
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 pm

I stumbled upon the beloved MVP lounge one night after doing the dishes here at TBBQF, as I was cleaning up I saw a glowing type light coming from the bottom of a door, a door I had never noticed before. The glow was friendly and inviting so I slowly opened the door and what I saw simply amazed me beyond belief, there in front of a warm glowing campfire sat Boots, and he was telling a story that had entranced all the other former TBBQF MVP cookers, Boots was telling them about the time he and Yoda had tracked for days and finally caught (in what he called) the best thought out and engineered trap ever, the elusive Chupacabra a.k.a. The Goat Sucker. Boots told the MVP crew that they slow cooked them Chupacabra ribs and had never tasted any better, and it was also at the time that he noticed my presence in the MVP Lounge and all story telling halted until I returned to the dish washing room. I have a desire to hear more stories like the one I heard that night and I will someday win an MVP membership, until that day - I wish everyone in this Labor Day 2014 Throwdown the best of luck !!!
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Ya know, turned out that Chupycabra was my old next door neighbor's Chihuahua. She's a little Mexican lady, married to this cool old Cuban gentleman who escaped Castro in '62, giving him the finger salute all the way to Miami. She was really hot about barbecuing that Chihuahua (and I only did it because Thag actually drug it home pre-skinned) until 'ol Gus her husband goes "Honey, it's actually reel guuuud" between mouthfuls.

Like Chuck Berry said, it goes to show you never can tell....
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:08 pm

:shock:
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:43 pm

:shock:
cowboydon wrote::shock:

:shock: :shock:
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm

:shock: No more of Willies special brownies in the MVP lounge. :laughing7:

All right guys hope we get some more interest on this Throwdown, you have one more weekend to fire up the pit or grill and take your money shot. Anything goes on this round. Good Luck gents. :cheers:
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:19 pm

I think it safe to say, that while this is an Anything Goes, we can gentlemanly agree to ban both Chupycabras and Chihuahuas from the menu given the recent illustration of distain for cooking same exhibited by the more sensitive peers hearabouts. Note that in the interest of more complete accuracy and for the record, I didn't actually barbecue the little mongrel. More like toasted it, they are so little they cook too fast to barbecue.

Just kidding, of course.

That said, we should not necessarily preclude any Jed Clampetts out there from attempting a little barbecued squirrel, right? With the theiving, chattering little buggers raiding my pecan trees of late, I am giving strong consideration to going this route....the debate is merely over using No. 9 shot or .22 shorts. I think using the shorts is probably more sporting, particularly if I give them a 3-jump head start.

Limey, safe to say Anything Goes would include all kinds of tasty game and exotic dishes, right? Yer wild hog, deer (from last season's properly licensed bag of course), dove (currently in season), quail, allygator, striped bass (Toby, there ya go), buffalo, elk (again, bagged in-season), and not to mention moink balls, towering burgers, bacon-laced jalapeno cheese meatloaf, pit-cooked cabrito (Brady Texas, sound off), the ever-popular Austin-special Fatties, sawwwwhassages from Summers to Beauxdreauxdan to Kielbasas to Koshers to Bratwurst, Beerwurst, Knackwursts and Thirdwursts, smoked lobster (hello Sailor, come in Sailor), ABT's, ballpark frankenfurters, Buzz's cheezy jalapener bullets, even smoked cheeses from a cardboard dishwasher box (Papa Tom the science guy)... the possibilities for prime engorgement are as endless as the empty spaces in Miley Cyrus' head.

And maybe even Egghead's exotic poledancing chickens????
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Boots--- ROTF reading this and watching the Beverly Hillbillies !
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Y'all come back now, ya hear?
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”