****UPCOMING EVENT!!!!****

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: ****UPCOMING EVENT!!!!****

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:04 am

Boots wrote:Yo, Dragon, how 'bout an Anything Goes? That way it's wide open fer everbody, like a knock down drag out Arkansas chainsaw cage death match.

:salut: :salut: or maybe even a few Catagories, such as, BBQ, Other, Sides or Desserts :?: I know nothing of which I speak or of the work that's involved setting this up and maintaining it - - BUT - - - this ?might? generate more activity from the Members :dont: :scratch:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Boots wrote:Yo, Dragon, how 'bout an Anything Goes? That way it's wide open fer everbody, like a knock down drag out Arkansas chainsaw cage death match.

This is what I was thinking was an anything goes and try to make it Halloween-themed; spooky background, themed decor, etc. The decor will not affect chances of winning one way or the other, just thrown in to add some amount of brain-stimulating creativity from the 'que brethren.
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:04 pm

When do you want to start receiving ThrowDown Pics :?:

Do all Categories have to be done with wood, charcoal or smoke :?:

Excuse these dumb questions but here's the last one:
When you mention the card with the secret code, are you just saying that it needs to be part of the jpg :?:

If the Wiffys health straightens up, then I'll throw sumptin in the bunch jist fer fun :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:02 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:When do you want to start receiving ThrowDown Pics :?:

The contest has begun! You have until the posted deadline to send me your entry. You can do it any time within the time limit.

OldUsedParts wrote:Do all Categories have to be done with wood, charcoal or smoke :?:

You can cook it with a Zippo lighter if you'd like to! Wood, coal, gas, stick burner, pellet cooker, sawdust biscuits, rotisserie; heck, you can put it on a stick and roast it over open fire if you're compelled!

OldUsedParts wrote:Excuse these dumb questions but here's the last one:
When you mention the card with the secret code, are you just saying that it needs to be part of the jpg :?:

Yes. That secret code should be written on an index card or index card sized scrap of paper and visible in the photo of your offering. It lets me know the cook is recent and for this event.

OldUsedParts wrote:If the Wiffys health straightens up, then I'll throw sumptin in the bunch jist fer fun :dont:

Hopefully the missus gets to feeling better!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Thank you, Sir, let the grub begin :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:31 pm

It's Gomer again :laughing7: with another question: Since Farmer's Cut/Country Style Ribs are actually a Chop what Category would they come under :?: See what you started ? :whiteflag:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:02 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:It's Gomer again :laughing7: with another question: Since Farmer's Cut/Country Style Ribs are actually a Chop what Category would they come under :?: See what you started ? :whiteflag:

As we all know, "boneless" is not an official rib, but under technicalities and strict judges ruling, would fall under the rib (reeb) category. It can work under anything goes category since you are free to roam about the country under that banner!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:12 pm

thanks, it's that "T" word that I was concerned about :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:47 pm

s'me again

Can the Code be printed on a piece of paper - - - AKA Halloween Themed maybe ?????
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:26 pm

I'm in if I can get the pit back in time.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:43 am

OldUsedParts wrote:s'me again

Can the Code be printed on a piece of paper - - - AKA Halloween Themed maybe ?????

As long as the posted secret code can be clearly seen and read, absolutely. That's creative!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:31 pm

:?: Guess Who :?: :laughing7: :D :lol: What designates a Big Hunk of Meat :?: I'm really asking if Pork/Beef Roasts, London Broils (W V specialty), Tri Tips are OK or does that pretty much mean Brisket :?: I've even considered a Goats Hind Leg :dont: :scratch: :laughing7:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:43 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::?: Guess Who :?: :laughing7: :D :lol: What designates a Big Hunk of Meat :?: I'm really asking if Pork/Beef Roasts, London Broils (W V specialty), Tri Tips are OK or does that pretty much mean Brisket :?: I've even considered a Goats Hind Leg :dont: :scratch: :laughing7:

Big hunk o' meat would be any cut 3lb or larger; labeled on the market label as "roast", and that would not otherwise fall into the poultry category. I.E. whole chicken/turkey, chicken/turkey breast, etc.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:50 pm

:tup: thanks :salut:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:00 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::tup: thanks :salut:

No problem at all!

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”