Official 2016 TBBQF Halloween throwdown!!

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Official 2016 TBBQF Halloween throwdown!!

Postby Txdragon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:47 pm

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires folks, let the throwdown commence!! This is the official notice for the 2016 TBBQF Halloween throwdown and I am feeling excited to "host". General rules are as follows:

General Throw Down Ordinance One: Only members of the Texas BBQ Forum can enter and/or vote in a Throw Down.

General Throw Down Ordinance Two: Categories for Throw Downs are:
1.) Big Hunks of Meat,
2.) Reebs,
3.) Things with Wings and
4.) Anything Goes.

No side dishes allowed except for the Any Thing Goes Category. Hint, a bun makes it a side dish.

General Throw Down Ordinance Three: Submit photos in a JPEG (.jpg) format with a resolution of 800x600. Limit of one picture per category entered. No pic markings.

General Throw Down Ordinance Four: Submitted photos must have somewhere in the photo written on the back of a white business card the secret code for the Throw Down. The secret code will posted prior to the start of a Throw Down. This ordinance is designed to prevent old photos from being entered.

This throwdown is ANYTHING GOES and I would like to see some scary Halloween-themed decorations thrown in somehow. Maybe a spooky place setting, Halloween colors, ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, mother-in-law tossing the peace sign; be creative!

The secret phrase for the index card is: Spooky 'Que 2016

I will set up an email address for you to mail your entries in a day or so.. Ok, I'll probably have it added before the end of today.. Ok, probably within the hour..
ENTRY DEADLINE IS 11:59PM ON 10/31/16 Poll will go up on 11/1/16, voting closes on 11/2/16 by 11:59pm. Winner announced by 6pm central standard time on 11/3/16.

Feel free to PM any questions or post them to my other thread here in the throwdown forum. Good luck to all ye who enter!!

Edit: throwdownpics@gmail.com is where entries should be emailed.
Last edited by Txdragon on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Official 2016 TBBQF Halloween throwdown!!

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Kudos for your Passion and Hard Work, TD, I'm making a list of questions for you as I type :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:55 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Kudos for your Passion and Hard Work, TD, I'm making a list of questions for you as I type :tup:

Thank you sir!
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks D! We will be at a cookoff the 30th, so the timing is perfect.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Boots wrote:Thanks D! We will be at a cookoff the 30th, so the timing is perfect.

Nice! Best wishes on that one too! I hope to see you compete in the throwdown!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:47 pm

Looks Great Texas Dragon, gentlemen light your pits!!!!! :cheers:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:07 am

OK, you Gobblin Grillers, Smoking Gurus and Cooking Ghosts.
There's only 17 more Days left until Throw Down Shut Down Time.
Four Categories to choose from.
Enter all if you wish. :tup:
So Cook some Grub/Goodies up for the Family, Friends or Yourself, then slip that Code Card in the Pic and cover T-Dragon up with some entries.

The only difference between Y'alls normal Awesome Post and Entering is the Card in the Pic.
You can even get the Wiffy or Neighborhood Kid to do the card for you. :laughing7: :D :lol:
SQ1.jpg
SQ1.jpg (21.66 KiB) Viewed 3883 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:27 pm

I like the card there! I may be able to get a cook in for the event, but it won't be an official entry though! I'm planning it out and such. So far so good.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:58 pm

BEEEEEEEPPP :whiteflag: - - - If you COOK ONE (or more) then YOU have every right to ENTER as well - - - - OK :?:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:39 pm

NO, I won't go away :roll: :D - - - just making sure that this doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
I know Y'all are chillin and grillin and whoopin up vittles of some kind every day so ALL YOU HAVE TO DO - - is take a pic of those goodies with "Spooky 'Que 2016" on a card, piece of paper, white oak leaf or even Charmin :dont: just as long as it is in the pic of your Creation - - - - then email it to throwdownpics@gmail.com

"TxDragon has way to much free time so let's cover him up with entries" :salut: :texas:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:58 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:"TxDragon has way to much free time" :salut: :texas:

Not sure who told you that lie!! lol
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:31 pm

OK Gents and Gentiles, I'm seeing lots of great cooking pics being posted lately so I hope you're keeping some of them a secret and entering them in the Spooky 'Que 2016 Throw Down. Y'all still have eight days to grill, chill and enter one, two or all four categories. :salut:
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:26 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:OK Gents and Gentiles, I'm seeing lots of great cooking pics being posted lately so I hope you're keeping some of them a secret and entering them in the Spooky 'Que 2016 Throw Down. Y'all still have eight days to grill, chill and enter one, two or all four categories. :salut:

One, two or all four categories? I'm confused - I thought the category was "Anything Goes"
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Txdragon wrote:
General Throw Down Ordinance One: Only members of the Texas BBQ Forum can enter and/or vote in a Throw Down.

General Throw Down Ordinance Two: Categories for Throw Downs are:
1.) Big Hunks of Meat,
2.) Reebs,
3.) Things with Wings and
4.) Anything Goes.

Egg, this is what I was making reference to :dont:
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Pretty sure the category for this throwdown is "Anything Goes" which means submit anything but I don't think it means submit a bunch of entries in all of the categories. But I'm good any way it goes.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”