Meridian 2014

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

pony express USER_AVATAR
Pony Express
Outlaw

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby Pony Express » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Just dont understand all the grief about the payouts. Thats some great looking money/payouts to me.
Charmglo gasser,
New Braunfels offset smoker
Custom trailer pit offset smoker

Git-er done
GIG EM
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:00 pm

The way I see it, you gotta have a chance to win first before you can squawk about the payout. There are a lot of people that go to the American royal because of the payout and don't even come close to winning. If you choose not to go, just don't go. Don't whine about the payout. That Cookoff has one of the highest concentrations of awesome cookers and we feel honored to compete against them. It's not likely that we gonna put a whoopin on all of them, but we are gonna try. I would sure as heck rather travel to meridian for a national championship than Kansas City to get my tail whipped. Sometimes you have to put reality before pride and just step out and see if you even got what it takes first
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
garzanium
Rustler

Postby garzanium » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:03 pm

You going J$? We just sent our entry in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk 2
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Yes, sending in my entry Friday
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
texaspyro USER_AVATAR
TexasPyro
Rustler

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Jpennies, this is the same back handed bs you talked last year when this exact subject was talked about. Again, like i said last year, I'm not cooking in any cookoff that pays back just over 60%, to me a "National Championship" should be all about the cooks, not charity. I cook enough charity events throughout the year, not going to cook in a diluted cookoff with weak payouts. I'm so sick of your god complex when it comes to bbq, how about this, ask your wife if you can borrow $1,000 and bring it to Meridian, I bring my own grand and well go heads up, that's right, Ill cook it just to call you out. Whoever scores highest takes the cash.
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:08 pm

and the neighborhood was so quiet !! Meridian is a nice place but yall should try for the Worlds Championship BBQ - Htown baby !!
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 pm

I haven't cooked Meridian since around 2010 , it's actually about a 49% payback and although it's still good money, no one could ever tell us where the other $20+K went to or for??? And another negative for us is they take the trays off the property to be judged ... Just not a place I'll prolly go back to...
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:59 pm

TexasPyro wrote:Jpennies, this is the same back handed bs you talked last year when this exact subject was talked about. Again, like i said last year, I'm not cooking in any cookoff that pays back just over 60%, to me a "National Championship" should be all about the cooks, not charity. I cook enough charity events throughout the year, not going to cook in a diluted cookoff with weak payouts. I'm so sick of your god complex when it comes to bbq, how about this, ask your wife if you can borrow $1,000 and bring it to Meridian, I bring my own grand and well go heads up, that's right, Ill cook it just to call you out. Whoever scores highest takes the cash.

Personal attacks at my wife is not necessary. Jealousy is not an admirable trait.
That is just what the Cookoff pays. Either go or don't. No reason why there has to be a big debate over the payout. Regardless of the payout, you have to be able to win to even worry about the payout. Other than that your just going to be part of the prestige which that in itself is enough for most cooks. Nobody knows they are gonna win every Cookoff to merit only attending a few because of great payout and probably not even winning. Now who's got the BBQ god complex? As far as your call out, TOUCHÉ! Send me your email address. Since this is a contest and wagering on a skill is legal in Texas, I accept! $333.33 per categeory. I would like to send over you a contract of our agreement so it's a ironclad bet. No crawfishing on either party like that. I'm not gonna accept a bet and expect not to get paid.
Last edited by JMoney7269 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My $.02 is worth $37.50
big ed USER_AVATAR
Big Ed
Outlaw

Postby Big Ed » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Blake!! Your gonna have to get a lawyer to make this bet!! lmao
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit
PK Grill
22'' weber kettle
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Big Ed wrote:Blake!! Your gonna have to get a lawyer to make this bet!! lmao

Sorry, only two people I trust in this world, ones me, the other is not him. Joke all you want, I'm a man of my word but have been around the block too many times wagering in pool, I don't expect this experience to be any different. Make all the wise cracks you want, today it's all about covering your butt! It's a simple agreement signed and notarized by both parties with a copy of their drivers license. Nothing complex about it.
Last edited by JMoney7269 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My $.02 is worth $37.50
texaspyro USER_AVATAR
TexasPyro
Rustler

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Jealous? Ha, I'm hardly jealous, I do well, I simply don't go around bragging about it.

The bet is simple, winner takes all, at the end of the day he who has the most points takes the cash. Ill be there, cash in hand. I'm not playing this individual category crap.
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Well then sir you have no bet. Good luck on the horrible payout :deadhorse:
My $.02 is worth $37.50
texaspyro USER_AVATAR
TexasPyro
Rustler

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm

JMoney7269 wrote:Sorry, only two people I trust in this world, ones me, the other is not him. Joke all you want, I'm a man of my word but have been around the block too many times wagering in pool, I don't expect this experience to be any different. Make all the wise cracks you want, today it's all about covering your butt!

So now we're insulting integrity?? You be there with your wife's money and we wont have any issues. You remind me of an ex boss I had, he had the confidence of an eleven year old with that bs contract/lawyer crap. Remember Jcpenny, I'm the one making the special trip and competing in a crap cookoff that I'd rather not compete in, not you, you have nothing to lose.
texaspyro USER_AVATAR
TexasPyro
Rustler

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 pm

JMoney7269 wrote:Well then sir you have no bet. Good luck on the horrible payou

Like I said, you'll be there any way, what do you have to lose by accepting? Your wife tell you no?????
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey guys, I'll hold the money. Problem solved. No contracts, no lawyers. Cooker VS Cooker.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”