November Is Gonna Be A Busy One!!

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

November Is Gonna Be A Busy One!!

Postby DaHorns » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:14 am

Yellow Dog BBQ has a busy month ahead of us, any and all of y'all are welcome to come out and hang with us!!!

11/2/2007 - Opening weekend of deer season (gun)
We have been asked to cook up a bunch of brisket and sausage for a event at the Academy Sports & Outdoors on Research Blvd (Hwy 183) in Austin and give it out as samples like we did in Houston. We will be there starting EARLY in the morning with a local morning radio show (KASE 101) and some vendors. Not sure how long we will be there, but probably most of the day, or until we run out of samples. Im trying to change from briskets to something else, maybe just sausage, and do wraps or something like that. Brisket at 7am just doesnt seem to appealing to ordinary folks.

11/9-10/2007 - Cookoff On The Colorado, Bastrop, Tx
We will be competing at this event, havent been in a comp since August, gotta get back in the right mind frame.

11/16-17/2007 - Ronnie Akin's Memorial @ Harp's Fun Days, Bryan, Tx
I will be all by myself at this one since the wife wont be able to get 2 weekends off in a row. Gonna try to recruit some folks to come help out, or just hang out.

12/1-2/2007 - Back To Beef 2007 - Lake Buchanan, Tx
This is a unsanctioned just for fun cookoff held right on the water at Lake Buchanan. We cooked at it last year, and had a blast. Loads of really nice folks and good food. The profits from this cookoff goes to support a local animal rescue facility. They have a TON of catagories, margarita, salsa, dessert, beans, brisket, chicken, ribs, wild game, and more. Im hoping to get some deer for the wild game entry, never have done it before. They also have some live music and dancing on Saturday night.

Everyone is welcome to come out. I'll be lookin' for ya!
Last edited by DaHorns on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:09 am

Sounds busy...good luck to ya!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Sounds like a fun month. Good weather great times kick some booty.
tarde venientibus ossa....
Kalrog
Rustler

Re: November Is Gonna Be A Busy One!!

Postby Kalrog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:00 pm

DaHorns wrote:Yellow Dog BBQ has a busy month ahead of us, any and all of y'all are welcome to come out and hang with us!!!

We have been asked to cook up a bunch of brisket and sausage for a event at the Academy Sports & Outdoors on Research Blvd (Hwy 183) in Austin and give it out as samples like we did in Houston. We will be there starting EARLY in the morning with a local morning radio show (KASE 101) and some vendors. Not sure how long we will be there, but probably most of the day, or until we run out of samples. Im trying to change from briskets to something else, maybe just sausage, and do wraps or something like that. Brisket at 7am just doesnt seem to appealing to ordinary folks.

I go right by that Academy every morning and afternoon. How EARLY are you going to be starting as Academy doesn't open until 8...?
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:37 am

With all that on your plate, it's gonna be hard to sneak in any fishing time. :D :lol: :lol:
Good luck at the comps. :goof:
Jim
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:21 pm

Kalrog wrote:
DaHorns wrote:Yellow Dog BBQ has a busy month ahead of us, any and all of y'all are welcome to come out and hang with us!!!

I go right by that Academy every morning and afternoon. How EARLY are you going to be starting as Academy doesn't open until 8...?

The store is going to open at 5-6a on Friday to help accomodate the hunters who are heading out to their leases. I will be there probably all night and into the day Friday, and have been asked to do it again on Saturday if possible. We will have to see how we are feeling after Friday. Stop by and say hi, I will be there.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:33 pm

DaHorns wrote:Stop by and say hi, I will be there.

Sounds like a plan... who should I ask for? Or is DaHorns a recognized name for you?
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Kalrog wrote:
DaHorns wrote:Stop by and say hi, I will be there.

Sounds like a plan... who should I ask for? Or is DaHorns a recognized name for you?
Chris, you wont be able to miss me or my pit.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:24 pm

We are headed out to Bastrop for the cookoff, wish us luck!!!

We will be using our tester of Hoochie Mama II for our briskets.

Hope to get some good pics while we are out there......Update on Sunday
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:00 pm

Good luck! Where in Bastrop?
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:11 pm

Kalrog wrote:Good luck! Where in Bastrop?
We will be set up in Downtown Bastrop, I think the event is on the main street downtown.

It was great to meet you last week by the way.......
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:56 pm

Good Luck DH go kick some booty with that HMII....
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:15 am

Now that was a fun time, it was the first time that they had this cookoff but they are planning it again next year, and we are gonna do it again. We had a good time and met a bunch of nice folks. This was one of our best showings in an event to date. We ended up with:

Didn't place in beans
5th in the open division
10th in chicken
1st in ribs
9th in brisket

One of the ladies who was running the event came up to me after the awards and told me that my ribs scored 84 out of a possible 90 points. I was ecstatic, I really didn't think my brisket was going to place, I honestly thought it was too tough. All in all it was a good time and look forward to next year!!!
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:32 am

Hey Horns! Great Showing!
Congratulations to You and The Yellow Dog Team!
DJ
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:57 pm

Way to go DH glad ya had a good time..and kudos for them ribs!!!

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”