Shotgun Freds Barbeque Showdown

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

queʹa syde USER_AVATAR
Que'a Syde
Cowboy

Shotgun Freds Barbeque Showdown

Postby Que'a Syde » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 am

I just got off the phone with Ben Pruitt and they are still looking for teams to come cook this year. they are at 30+ teams and are looking to get over 40.
Drop ben a line at benatt41@aol.com. Or hit the website I left the link here as well..Ill be there and at Humble this year Judging. FEED ME GOOD PEOPLE!!! lolol

http://shotgunfredbarbeque.com/
East Texas Smoker RK250/Autism edition
Fat Ash Drum Smoker
KCBS Memeber #60187
KCBS Certified Judge #60187
MBN Member #T110238
erichasaces
Wrangler

Re: Shotgun Freds Barbeque Showdown

Postby erichasaces » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:01 pm

It is a shame that he isn't getting more teams. Ben does a good job putting on this contest.
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:06 pm

We had a few more sign up yesterday. It's starting to look up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
erichasaces
Wrangler

Postby erichasaces » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:22 pm

It's he feeling better this year? Seems like I remember he had surgery right before last year.
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:40 pm

He's doing quite a bit better this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
queʹa syde USER_AVATAR
Que'a Syde
Cowboy

Postby Que'a Syde » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:04 pm

I got this from him in an email today....the other post mentions this as well but here some more details on it.

Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown Named Preferred Qualifier for World Food Championships

The Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown will have a featured representative at the 2017 World Food Championships in Orange Beach, Alabama, according to Mike McCloud, CEO of the World Food Championships.

“More than 400 pre-qualified competitors will enter one of ten competition categories beginning Nov. 8, and the champion of the Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown will be among them,” McCloud said.

The Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown is sending a winner from its 2017 event to compete against the World Food Championships roster of Golden Ticket contestants. The Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown has been elevated to Preferred Qualifier status by guaranteeing that its winner’s registration fees are paid and other assistance is provided to compete in Orange Beach.

“Stakes are high and the competition is intense with a total purse of $350,000 in cash and additional prizes, while the ultimate World Food Champion takes home a grand prize of $100,000,” McCloud said.

Competitors will prepare food on site in timed events that include preparation speed, specialty recipes, presentation and the ultimate test of taste. The categories this year include BBQ, Chili, Sandwich, Seafood, Bacon, Burger, Dessert, Steak and Recipe, which has a theme of “Chicken” in 2017. This year the winner of the World Chef Challenge will also compete at the Final Table.

“Tournament judges will select the top 10 finalists in each category, where they will then compete for the chance to go to the Final Table,” explained McCloud. “It is there that one culinary genius will rise up from nine category champions to become the 2017 World Food Champion.”

McCloud said that cooking is not the only opportunity for participation in the World Food Championships. Those interested in volunteering or in learning to become a certified WFC judge may sign up on the World Food Championships website.

“The World Food Championships offers opportunities for people to watch celebrity chef competitions, attend demonstrations, review at the latest cooking appliances and become part of a fun, family-friendly experience,” he observed, adding that there will be thousands of spectators, colorful teams, special judges and foodie volunteers in Orange Beach for the Nov. 8 – 14 event.

For more information, visit www.worldfoodchampionships.com.
Fat Ash Drum Smoker
KCBS Memeber #60187
MBN Member #T110238
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Chris - You cooking or juding this go around?
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
queʹa syde USER_AVATAR
Que'a Syde
Cowboy

Postby Que'a Syde » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Im gunna be eatin..I mean Judging this go round...good to hear from ya as always Don...
Fat Ash Drum Smoker
KCBS Memeber #60187
MBN Member #T110238

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”