1st Annual HELSF Cook Off

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Degenerate
Pilgrim

1st Annual HELSF Cook Off

Postby Degenerate » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 am

All Cooks,
The Houston Electrical League Scholarship Foundation (HELSF) is hosting it's 1st annual cook off. All proceeds will go to the scholarship fund for local students in the electrical fields. The cook off will be held at The Pasadena Municipal Fairgrounds located at 7601 Red Bluff, Pasadena, Texas 77507 on July 14th - 16th. There is a $5,000.00 guaranteed payout in cash and prizes. This is an IBCA sanctioned event and all teams are welcome to participate. All the information and team registration can be found here http://hel.org/events.php?id=122
We are also holding a raffle. For $50.00 you get a chance to win a PitMaker Vault, a Yeti 105 cooler, or a Yeti Hopper TWO 40.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Attachments
HELSF LOGO.jpg
HELSF LOGO.jpg (75.55 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Re: 1st Annual HELSF Cook Off

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:24 pm

I am looking forward to this event. :D Debbie and I will be the head judges at this one. Y'all come out and cook this one and help these folks help our future electricians. :D
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:29 pm

I got the information on this cook last week from a buddy of mine involved with this group. I am going to try and cook it if I am in town.
Degenerate
Pilgrim

Postby Degenerate » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:30 am

IMG_1069.JPG

Here is a sneak peek at the Grand Champion Trophy that's up for grabs. Sign up today for a chance to win this piece of art. http://hel.org/events.php?id=122
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Makes me wanna cook this one instead of judge it. :D
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
Degenerate
Pilgrim

Postby Degenerate » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm

IMG_1006.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm

That is a true and Unique Beauty :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Degenerate
Pilgrim

Postby Degenerate » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 am

There is still time and spaces available to sign up for the 1st Annual Houston Electrical League Scholarship Foundation Cook Off next month. The dates are July 14th – 16th, the location is The Pasadena Convention Center and Fairgrounds. This is an IBCA sanctioned event. All proceeds will benefit the future of the electrical industry in the Houston area. Information and team registration can be found at http://hel.org/events.php?id=122
Degenerate
Pilgrim

Postby Degenerate » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:30 am

Cook Teams,
We are 11 days away from the 1st Annual HELSF cook off. We currently have 24 teams signed up to compete and as of now we have a qualifier to be invited to compete in the American Royal and Meridian National events. There is still time and spaces available for those of you who are considering competing and we would love to have you. You can sign up online at http://www.hel.org/events.php?id=122 it only takes a few minutes. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there supporting the Houston Electrical League Scholarship Foundation benefitting the students in the Houston area electrical field.
Degenerate
Pilgrim

Postby Degenerate » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:41 pm

We will be paying out the top 5 places in all three categories. Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion’s will receive trophies, cash and free entry for next year’s cook off. Top 10 places will receive a certificate and be announced. If you know of any other cook teams that would want to compete we still have spaces available.
Degenerate
Pilgrim

Postby Degenerate » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Cook Teams. We are just a few days away from this event. Currently we have close to 30 teams participating with plenty of room for more. You still have time to sign up and help make this a successful 1st year cook. With the number of teams signed up we will have qualifiers for the GC to be invited to compete in the Royal and the top three in all categories to be invited to compete in the Meridian. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.
Degenerate
Pilgrim

Postby Degenerate » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:52 am

We had a great time at this first year cook. Already looking forward to next year. We had 30 teams come out and brave the rain and cook some great barbecue. Congratulations to all the teams that got their number called. Grand Champion - Sean Larkin - Dirty Underwear Gang #1, Reserve Grand Champion - Ted Koumonduros - Smart Alex Cookers. Overall results 1st Place ~ Sean Larkin / The Dirty Underwear Gang #1, 2nd Place ~ Ted Koumonduros / Smart Alex Cookers, 3rd Place ~ Joe Gallardo / Los Necios BBQ Cookers, 4th Place ~ Phil Breeden / Lucky Charms, 5th Place ~ Cody Fife / Good Ole Boys Cookers, 6th Place ~ Steven Ohler / Big O's BBQ, 7th Place ~ Jesus Garcia / Game Face Cookers, 8th Place ~ Thomas Larkin / Dirty Underwear Gang #3, 9th Place ~ Mark Garcia / Pop A Tops Road Kill Kookers #1, and 10th Place ~ Melvin Beene / Rockin Ribs BBQ. I'd like to thank all of the teams that competed and made this first year cook a huge success. Special thanks to Kevin and Debbie Miller for being our head IBCA judges.

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”