LSBS Changing of the Guard

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

LSBS Changing of the Guard

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:23 pm

After twelve years of dedicated service to the Lone Star Barbecue Society, founders Glenn and Pat Nicholas are semi-retiring from the association. The Lone Star Barbecue Society founded in 1996 has grown from sanctioning a hand full of competitions to sanctioning 80 plus competitions for the upcoming 2009 barbecue season. The dedication and foresight of the Nicholas have resulted in thousands of dollars being raised for non-profit organizations. I think I am speaking for the majority of competition cooks when I say thank you for all you have done for LSBS and competition barbecue; we appreciate it. Glenn and Pat will continue to head judge some events as well as be available as LSBS consultants.
Harvey Gebhard has accepted appointment to LSBS Chairman of the Board and Dale Patterson has accepted appointment to complete the remaining term as LSBS president. Jean Gebhard has accepted the LSBS secretary/treasurer position. LSBS has been placed in good hands; these individuals share a common goal of growth and improvement of competition barbecue.
BAR "G"
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:08 pm

I have only cooked one LSBS cookff, but we had a great time, and it was well run. Good luck to the new officers -
I plan on joining LSBS, since they have more cookoffs local to the area where I live, so I hope the transition is smooth and all goes well.
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:07 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
the crown man USER_AVATAR
The Crown Man
Wrangler

Postby The Crown Man » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:19 pm

look forward to nexted year going to be a good one alot of good people in this organization..
The Crown Man
www.cpwrecker.com
www.joescookshack.com
UDS
Joes flat top coal grill
Pit maker tailgater
Pit maker vault
R&O Pit
The Crown Rig
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:37 pm

JaCK2U2 wrote:I have only cooked one LSBS cookff, but we had a great time, and it was well run. Good luck to the new officers -
I plan on joining LSBS, since they have more cookoffs local to the area where I live, so I hope the transition is smooth and all goes well.

Looking foward to having you join us Jack2U2; hope to see you at some comps in 2009.
BAR "G"
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:43 pm

The Crown Man wrote:look forward to nexted year going to be a good one alot of good people in this organization..

Well let me think about this for a minute;
The Democratic party symbol is a Jack-A$$; so that means we gat a Jack-A$$ in the White House come 1/20/09;
So after careful consideration, I guess there aint really nothing to awful terrible wrong with an "OLD GOAT" as our Chairman of the Board.
BAR "G"

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”