Tx Chapter Paralyzed Veterans BBQ Cook-off (TPVA)

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Tx Chapter Paralyzed Veterans BBQ Cook-off (TPVA)

Postby bob n humble » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:31 am

We just got this cookoff back from the ashes. It was held for several years at Bobby's On the Bayou. This year it will be held at the VFW Post # 10352 @16035 Waverly Rd. Houston Tx. 77032 April 20/21 2007. The TPVA needs all of our help. We have more soliders coming home everyday that will fall in this same need. So "PLEASE" come out and support our Paralyzed & non Paralyzed Vets. They need all the support we can give them. Also if you have any worth while items you would like to donate to the Auction just let me know. They are a Non Profit organization. My name is Bob Blankenship I am the main contact for this cookoff. Hear are the ways you can contact us. The flier & rules can be downloaded from www.tgcbca.org by going to the events page. Also www.texaspva.org. This is the web site for TPVA or my email is hotnasbbq@aol.com. We look forward to seeing you there,and thanks in advance for your help.
Bob Blankenship 281-446-7619/ 713-818-0764
VFW Post 10352 contact Woody Lynch 713-725-6122
TPVA Sherry Kirkpatrick 713-520-8782
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:39 am

Looks good Bob. Best of luck on this event!
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:46 pm

Good luck, Bob. I get to work that weekend, darn it!
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Postby bob n humble » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:02 am

If you are not cooking this event, and would like to a judge - Please contact me at HotNasBBQ@aol.com

Come our and support your Veterans.

Jill AKA: Mrs. Bob n Humble
bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Postby bob n humble » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:35 pm

There were 26 teams - and everyone had a great time. The Grand Champion was Roycie Raspberry - Lady Pitmaster, and Resv. Grand was Dennis May - Smokin in the Dark. All the results will be placed on the TGCBCA web-site.

The weather was great for the whole weekend. The Ladies of VFW Post 10352, had a Baked Spaghetti Dinner on Friday night for the cookers. The Money Hat was won by: Roger Henderickson Jr., the 50/50 was won by Larry Watson.

Thank you to Mike & Mary - Smokin Mop Buckets cookers for the donation of the Margarita Machine that was auctioned on Saturday. Also Texan for donating the jelly for the goodie bags, and the auction basket.

TCPVA - really appreciated the support from all the teams/visitors that came out. Thank you everyone for your support for this event. Watch for the dates for next years event.

Bob & Jill Blankenship

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”