BluDawgs UDS Brisket(method,recipe)

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Pchuck1
Pilgrim

Re: BluDawgs UDS Brisket(method,recipe)

Postby Pchuck1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:49 am

Got one going in uds today.
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:27 am

It ought to be good if you took BluDawgs advice. Well, maybe... :laughing7:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
bigalʹs bbq USER_AVATAR
BigAl's BBQ
Rustler

Postby BigAl's BBQ » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks for the recipe's, looks great. I have a homemade grill.
Attachments
tn_Repeats 054.JPG
Dry rub & "Texas Crunch" method believer!
GeraldoSteffy
Pilgrim

Postby GeraldoSteffy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:09 am

Lift Gate Gus wrote:My mouth is drooling like crazy!! I am going to try this out for myself. If I dont fish both days this weekend I am going to give this a whirl.

This is what exactly i am thinking now....lets try this asap
kype138
Pilgrim

Postby kype138 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Greetings from Michigan - love this thread!
Just dropping you all a line with one question regarding Bludawgs recipe.
When you pull the brisket and put it in a foil pan, do you leave it uncovered or cover with foil?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and tight lines!
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 pm

This post kicked off my obsession with cooking bbq nearly a decade ago. I decided to make a video! If not allowed please remove. Thanks BluDawg.

BluDawg Brisket | A Beginner's Guide to Smoking Brisket

https://youtu.be/r-QEP7LtQFk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Wow, that’s a throwback. Haven’t thought of BluDawg in quite some time.

BTW - y’all need to follow Bowers on YouTube if you aren’t already. Good videos, great guy and his daughter is a real life superhero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrunkRich
Pilgrim

Postby DrunkRich » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:42 pm

First off,I would like to thank you for posting this years back. My buddy got into smoking using a UDS. When it comes to brisket this is his go to. I do not have a UDS. I went from using a stack smoker to buying my other buddies pit boss pellet smoker. I have only made four briskets in my lifetime. Not including the few times I helped my one buddy with the bluedawg method. My other Buddy and his friends do a friendly brisket competition once a year. I bought prime grade brisket at Sam’s Club at a bargain. $4.52 a pound. Everywhere else that I called was trying to charge me $10-$12 per pound. Only one other place had it at less than that and it was 699 a pound. I trimmed it. Used the recipe part of this post. I used salt pepper and oregano. Wrapped it overnight. I made the bovine nectar the night before and let it infuse overnight. Judging was last Saturday at 3 PM. At 7:50 PM Friday evening I started my cook fat Down on a very low temp. Temp was anywhere from 185 to 200 for the first four hours. I then ramped the temperature up to 225 - 250°. Then I flipped it and let it cook fat cap up for the remainder of the cook. Sprayed the non-fat cap side every hour with a 50-50 mix of cheap beer and apple cider vinegar. I wanted it to look a certain way before I wrapped it. Also wanted to use wagyu tallow in the wrap. Unfortunately, I did not get that look until a little too late. I was afraid that if I wrapped it that I would have a mini stall after the stall. Instead I cranked up the temperature to 275-300 at 12 pm Saturday. Finished my cook unwrapped by 1 PM. With a finished internal temp of 203°. I also used wagyu tallow and drizzled it over the brisket for that final hour of cook time. When I pulled the brisket out I gave it one last drizzle of the tallow and loosely wrapped it with butcher paper and let it rest for two hours. The internal temp dropped two 178.5°. Sliced it up and served it on a bed of lettuce to the judges. Almost had a roast beef flavor/tenderness. Felt perfect to me. Pull test was on point. I knocked out the five-year consecutive brisket champ. I have never made anything that felt so perfect and taste so wonderful. Thanks again for being a part of my education in brisket smoking and also for having a delicious recipe. This will also be my go to.

P.s. I drank beer and did shots the entire time. No one thought I would be taking it down. Once again drunk rich living up to his name. As the wise Jim Lahey once said, “let the liquor do the thinking“
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:59 pm

We miss BluDawg, he went missing from the Forum many moons ago but his wisdoms for a UDS certainly live on here, he was one of the premier Drummers ever, and definitely a character. We wish him well wherever he is.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler

Postby 1MoreFord » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Boots wrote:We miss BluDawg, he went missing from the Forum many moons ago but his wisdoms for a UDS certainly live on here, he was one of the premier Drummers ever, and definitely a character. We wish him well wherever he is.

While no first hand knowledge I heard he got tired of retirement and went back to OTR driving.
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG

Return to “Beef Recipes”