First brisket on UDS

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Bill A
Pilgrim

First brisket on UDS

Postby Bill A » Mon May 19, 2014 7:28 am

I wasn't sure how my first brisket would turn out on my UDS, but after reading several topics on this forum I figured I would use BluDawgs advise and keep it simple, I bought a 12lb packer from Wally World, after trimming I probably ended up with a 9 lber. I used 50/50/20 course pepper/KSalt and garlic powder after rubbing with Worcestershire sauce, all this done with brisket at room temp.
Fired up the UDS with blue&white bag charcoal and a little mesquite and got her maintaining 250-270.
2hrs fat cap down, 2hrs up, at this point i.t. Was 162. I wasn't going to wrap it but got nervous that it would dry out so I wrapped it, checked temp after additional 2hr and holy smoke I.t. Was 211! I was shocked at how fast it cooked and thought it was going to be mush. Took it off the smoker let it rest for hour and half i.t. was 145. I was surprised how it turned out, it dint fall apart and my wife didn't spit it on the floor so I guess it was good.
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: First brisket on UDS

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 am

NEVER follow BluDawg's advice! You'll end up being a piano player in a cathouse. :dgrin:

Sounds like you did just fine. I smoke for four hours, then wrap until probe tender and around 200-205*. I wrap in a heating blanket and let rest for 3-4 hours, then serve. 211* shouldn't be a show stopper. Good job. :goof:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Mon May 19, 2014 10:17 am

Sounds like it worked out there is no need to flip if you start out FC down until you wrap it.

:laughing7: Sawbones I used to have a "T" shirt I got when I work Pt at the dive shop in Agana Guam that Said " Don't tell my Moma I'm a Scuba Diver, She thinks I'm a Piano player in a Cat house" :mrgreen:
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon May 19, 2014 11:11 am

BluDawg wrote: :laughing7: Sawbones I used to have a "T" shirt I got when I work Pt at the dive shop in Agana Guam that Said " Don't tell my Moma I'm a Scuba Diver, She thinks I'm a Piano player in a Cat house" :mrgreen:

Another diver, eh? We used to do a lot of diving, especially the South Pacific. No so much now that our bones are getting creaky.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Mon May 19, 2014 11:28 am

Okie Sawbones wrote:
BluDawg wrote: :laughing7: Sawbones I used to have a "T" shirt I got when I work Pt at the dive shop in Agana Guam that Said " Don't tell my Moma I'm a Scuba Diver, She thinks I'm a Piano player in a Cat house" :mrgreen:

Another diver, eh? We used to do a lot of diving, especially the South Pacific. No so much now that our bones are getting creaky.

Yeah it was my day job when I wasn't picking up unearthed un-exploded WWII ordnance :bom:
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
IvanoFFTom
Pilgrim

View the latest post

Postby IvanoFFTom » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:51 am

can yall also post rough pit temps that the meat was cooked at, as mentioned above this should impact how much / fast it rises

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the BEST soft for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!

Return to “Beef Recipes”