Homemade Burgers

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

nelsonpk
Pilgrim

Homemade Burgers

Postby nelsonpk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:18 am

I am planning on grinding my own beef and have a cut called Featherblade, does anyone have advice as to whether its fatty enough or have a recipe to make burgers from it.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Homemade Burgers

Postby Rambo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:52 am

Feather Blade
The cut: It sits on the side of the shoulder blade and when sliced looks like a feather with the nerve like the quill. Cut like this it is good for casseroles. However, if the nerve is removed it gives two flat muscles that are very lean with a good flavour and firm texture. These are also good for daubes and casseroles but also for flash frying. Excellent value for money.

I'd go buy me some 80/20 and roll but I guess if you already paid for it oh well
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:56 am

Here's something you might try also. I've only done this one time with some lean venison but it worked and was good.

"Grind up some bacon with your lean cut until it will make a patty and hold together"

Good Luck :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:59 am

OUP has the right idea. I see outside fat like that added to burgers and sausages being made all the time on the Food Network. :tup:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.

Return to “Beef Recipes”