Home made corned beef

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Home made corned beef

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:16 am

Some friends of ours invited the Mrs & me over to their house last night for the traditional St. Paddy's Day meal. The corned beef was marinited for 8 days using IntaCure#1. They got the recipe from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/241623 .

Have to say it was the best corned beef that I've ever had. No more store bought CBs for me :shock: Fantastic red color. They also made their own pickling spices but I guess you could use store bought pickling spice. They respectfully declined to declare their recipe for pickling spice :lol:

No picts as the Mrs didn't want me embarassing her in front of our friends and their 4 teens (well 3 teens and young'n) :roll: Plus she thought it might be nice to get invited back sometime :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:39 am

Glad you got a square meal. Will agree with ya that once a person has had some good ho made corned beef it hard to go back to the store bought junk. Warden made us up some killer Enchiladas for St. Paddy's day. Whut can I say? We S. Texas folks:) Will try to post the recipe over in the recipe section if I can find it.

biwheel
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:03 am

bigwheel wrote:Glad you got a square meal. Will agree with ya that once a person has had some good ho made corned beef it hard to go back to the store bought junk. Warden made us up some killer Enchiladas for St. Paddy's day. Whut can I say? We S. Texas folks:) Will try to post the recipe over in the recipe section if I can find it.

biwheel

Oh yeah the kind with cabbage and potatoes yummy!!!! :roll:
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Beef Recipes”