Country style ribs

Ribs, butts, chops, any pork recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Re: Country style ribs

Postby bogiedr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Well, as we say here in the "other" south … I done did it now!!! Actually that was my Hispanic father trying to be southern, it never worked, he was a Puerto Rican from the Bronx … southern lingo did not work for him :laughing7: Anyway … bad story I know.
My wife insisted the CS ribs were awesome, so, had birthday dinner with bro in law and in-laws tonight, great restaurant in St. Pete. During conversation I opened my big mouth … "why don't you guys come over Sunday" I said … "I'll smoke some country style ribs" Answer … "absolutely! we'll be there around noonish to 1pm, do we bring anything?" Fingers crossed I don't screw it up. Christmas Prime Rib was a hit … hoping to duplicate. Will post sequence of progress and reactions as I did last week. Keep fingers crossed and your favorite adult beverage at hand going this weekend. Occasionally think, if you remember … "I wonder how Bogie is doing?" There might be scotch instead of vodka flowing while I finish the cook. Oh, to complicate things, I promised home made mac and cheese!! Guys and girls … suggestions on how to keep my mouth shut? :shock:
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 pm

Well, was going to host the in-laws last Sunday for some country ribbies and homemade mac and cheese … Saturday morning after breakfast at my favorite Village Inn I felt sick … bad food poisoning ensued!!! Finally was right Tuesday morning. No ribbies last Sunday. Going to try again this coming Sunday, of course I will post and let you know how they liked it … or not :whiteflag:
Anyway trying the Killer Hogs BBQ rub and sauce, will report if it is any good!! Man I hope I don't get sick again … oh I did spend a few days in the hospital again, this getting old thing is not for me, but I can't reverse it! :banghead: Oh well, will report. Hope all you good folks are doing well!!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Bogie - take care of yourself and good luck with the cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Pork Recipes”