Skinless turkey breast

Chicken, turkey and any other yard birds.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

papajim
Wrangler

Skinless turkey breast

Postby papajim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:49 pm

First, Happy Thanksgiving to all. Going to fry the turkey this year along with a skinless 8# turkey breast. Should I cut it into finger strips or fry whole? Also, should the breast be rolled in a flour breading before frying?

Papajim
I'm not perfect...just like to share my $.02 on the internet
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Skinless turkey breast

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:15 pm

I used to fry my wild turkey breast which would be about the same thing and it was always a hit- - - - I sliced it in mini steaks about 3/8" thick, salt, pepper, flour and fry BUT DON'T OVERCOOK (you can use a milk and egg dredge before flouring if you want to- - your call) - - - then put the fried cutlets into a baking dish and cover with either cream of chicken, celery or mushroom soup(according to your taste) "slightly" diluted with milk- - - then cover that with thin sliced onion rings and bake until nice and hot - - - the gravy goes well over rolls or mashed taters and the bird cutlets are delicious - - - - Have a Great Thanksgiving :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papajim
Wrangler

Postby papajim » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks for the info. O.U.P. Since we both live close, maybe we could get together and talk a little cooking, if you have the time.
papajim
I'm not perfect...just like to share my $.02 on the internet
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Sounds good to me, Jim, so let's bring this up again around December Uno or so???? I am the Wiffy's total caretaker and I have to pick my times away from the Casa but we can pull it off for sure. :salut: We could even hook up for breakfast at the Fish Pond????? Great cathead biscuits :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papajim
Wrangler

Postby papajim » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Ok on the fish pond. not sure about the cathead biscuits, but the pancakes are worth the trip. Eat there every time I cook @ the Knights of Columbus cook-offs. We can eat some cakes and biscuits, and I'll tell you about my trip to the Royal. Keep in touch.
papajim
I'm not perfect...Just like to share my $.02 on the Internet
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Done :tup:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:16 pm

the fish pond really?
I used to hang there sort of helped marc meeker get the restaurant going, also helped him with the park Wi-Fi,
I have wondered how he is?
not to hijack...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:24 pm

don't think the hi-jack is a prob - - - - the last few times we've been in there the owner (?marc?) wasn't there and when I asked the lady said that ?someone? was home now and he was there with them - - - - didn't want to get too nosy but I suspect he's got a full plate - - - if I find out I'll sure let you know and if I see him I'll mention that you asked
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:47 pm

he is a retired airline pilot, real nice guy and funny to talk to, I bought a trailer from him and stayed there for a short time,
he had a yellow lab that swallowed a catfish bait cost him a trip to the vet;
He and his wife lived in Conroe if he is still the owner....
Tell him Vernon(from Austin) said hello if you get the chance
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:48 pm

:tup:

Return to “Poultry Recipes”