Quesadillas Via Leftover BBC

Chicken, turkey and any other yard birds.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Quesadillas Via Leftover BBC

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:43 am

Had some breast meat left from the Clucker Dusted beer can Chicken so I decided to make some Quesadillas today. I never make them from anything that hasn't been on the grill first because I don't like baked or boiled chicken.

First step was to warm up the chicken and some Rotels and Green Chilies to a light simmer.

Next step was to lay out the tortillas on a baking sheet and start filling and folding them.

I take a basting brush and wet the edges of the torts with juice from the meat sauce. I put it all around the edge and then fold over. After folding over I wet again and "gently" press the edges together.

Then I pile on some more stuff such as more meat sauce, jalapenos, picante and cheese. Note: the Wiffy's are the ones without jalapenos or cheese. :D

Then I place the baking sheet in a 350 degree pre-heated oven and bake until cheese is melted and the edges of the torts are "lightly" beginning to toast. Then pull and plate.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Quesadillas Via Leftover BBC

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:17 am

Looks good, its hard to use anything that hasn't been cooked on the grill for most any dish, grilled chicken soup is even better... :cheers:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “Poultry Recipes”